Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What programs will you be using to take to auctions this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NakedRicci View Post
    Okay... I finally got a chance to check out the RotoLab suggestion. It looks amazing. But.... I may totally be just a cheap B@stard, but $70?!?! It looks outstanding, but is it $50 value more than other products out there? I certainly do my homework and feel pretty good going into my draft. I do like a software program just to provide a framework for my draft and do some basic accounting for me so that I can enjoy the social aspects of the day instead of crunching numbers all the time. Our total league kitty only counts about $1.5-2k.... seems like a sizeable chunk for my needs.

I've used Diamond Draft the last several years. Is there another product that maybe falls between these 2 in price/functionality?
    Roto Champ is running a special for $19.95 thru Sunday (http://www.rotochamp.com/Software/SoftwareMain.aspx).

Comment

Originally posted by LaTrappe View Post
      Roto Champ is running a special for $19.95 thru Sunday (http://www.rotochamp.com/Software/SoftwareMain.aspx).

multiple problems with rotochamp

1- valuation issues- guys like Chapman and Kuo being worth more than Street and K-rod or Napoli being worth more than Morneau just because he is C eligible.
      2- unable to change the weighted values of categories- your league might place a premium on speed. You cant adjust the category as you can on rotolab.
      3- doesnt show team profits- when you look at auction values, on the team page it doesnt show what teams have built up the most value as rotolab does.

there were a few other minor issues but it was enough for me to decide to go back to rotolab, a far superior product at this point.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        multiple problems with rotochamp

1- valuation issues- guys like Chapman and Kuo being worth more than Street and K-rod or Napoli being worth more than Morneau just because he is C eligible.
        2- unable to change the weighted values of categories- your league might place a premium on speed. You cant adjust the category as you can on rotolab.
        3- doesnt show team profits- when you look at auction values, on the team page it doesnt show what teams have built up the most value as rotolab does.

there were a few other minor issues but it was enough for me to decide to go back to rotolab, a far superior product at this point.
        I was happy with Rotochamp for the Mock One draft, but you're right about its limitations. I think I'll go with something else (probably Rotolab) for my auctions.
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

"guys like Chapman and Kuo being worth more than Street and K-rod"

double-edged sword - closers are generally way overpriced in 5x5 leagues, and killer setup men underpriced. So the analysis isn't terrible, it's just that owners have to keep the true marketplace in mind.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            "guys like Chapman and Kuo being worth more than Street and K-rod"

double-edged sword - closers are generally way overpriced in 5x5 leagues, and killer setup men underpriced. So the analysis isn't terrible, it's just that owners have to keep the true marketplace in mind.
            overpriced or not, those valuations are wrong. unless holds are a category, there is no roto league where kuo has move value than k-rod.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Am I the only one using the free spreadsheet offered on Razzball - the war room? I'm a keep it simple guy that doesn't bring much/anything outside of a piece of paper because I don't want to track everything throughout because there's more important things to focus my attention on but if all of the work is done for me and I don't have to do/pay anything outside of input team names then I'm sold.

Comment

Originally posted by Porcello View Post
                Am I the only one using the free spreadsheet offered on Razzball - the war room? I'm a keep it simple guy that doesn't bring much/anything outside of a piece of paper because I don't want to track everything throughout because there's more important things to focus my attention on but if all of the work is done for me and I don't have to do/pay anything outside of input team names then I'm sold.
                There's a guy over at Fantasy Baseball Cafe giving away what sounds like a pretty robust Excel draft "program" if any one wants to check that out. I haven't looked at it because I have my own, though I may take a look at his just for ideas for mine. I'd share mine but it's pretty specific to me and my leagues and links to a lot of other files that wouldn't be relevant to the rest of you.
                Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Are John Benson and his software relevant anymore?

Comment

Working...
                  X