Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What programs will you be using to take to auctions this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billbuckner View Post
    Nothing. Absolutely nothing!
    Not even clothing?
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      Not even clothing?
      the distract/disgust strategy!
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        Not even clothing?
        They don't call me BUCKner for nothing
        I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
          Sounds like a great program. I would certainly use it if we were allowed to use Laptops. (Yes, the Constitution was written in 1985).
          What was the generally accepted definition of "laptop" in 1985?

(I'm thinking exotic dancer...)

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            what program will you be using in auctions this year?
            Layered Kevlar

Comment

Two questions for rotolab users --

does it allow customization for points leagues?

has anyone ever run it on a Mac using Parallels?

thanks.

Comment

Okay... I finally got a chance to check out the RotoLab suggestion. It looks amazing. But.... I may totally be just a cheap B@stard, but $70?!?! It looks outstanding, but is it $50 value more than other products out there? I certainly do my homework and feel pretty good going into my draft. I do like a software program just to provide a framework for my draft and do some basic accounting for me so that I can enjoy the social aspects of the day instead of crunching numbers all the time. Our total league kitty only counts about $1.5-2k.... seems like a sizeable chunk for my needs.

I've used Diamond Draft the last several years. Is there another product that maybe falls between these 2 in price/functionality?
                -----Manager of the unstoppable Rome Aerozombies of the Ugly Knuckler League-----

There are people who appear to single-handedly pull the rug out from under 300,000,000 years of evolution.

"necessary evil" is redundant.

It takes at least 12 bowls of cock soup to equal the vitamin and nutritional content of just one actual cock. --- B-Fly

NR's the right kind of sinner, to release my inner fantasies. --- Pat Benatar

Comment

I think Rotolab can help a lot of owners draft better - and hurt others who don't know what they are doing.

I'm still a 20-25 pages of paper kind of owner once it comes to the auction. We usually have a couple of computer-assisted guys, but it hasn't worked in our league so far (not that it can't).

A lot like poker - more than one way to be a good player. I respect whatever works.
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Jefe View Post
                    Two questions for rotolab users --

does it allow customization for points leagues?

has anyone ever run it on a Mac using Parallels?

thanks.
                    I'm not sure about the points leagues question since I am in standard roto leagues. But, I run RotoLab on Parallels. It seems to run a little slow but works. I don't have the most recent version of Parallels, I think I'm one behind.
                    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      A lot like poker - more than one way to be a good player. I respect whatever works.
                      A while ago, Shandler offered a challenge to drafters. He wanted all owners to go in with a list of available players, no dollar values, no stats, and see what happens. When I heard this, I thought to myself, "That's already how I do it." I do have dollar values, but they are merely just so that I can sort my Excel sheets. I don't use them at all at draft, and could delete them without missing them. To be honest, the more I have to look at just distracts me from the important things going on at draft. Do I really need to know exactly what my SB projection are for Morgan and Bourn? Or is it just important for me to know that they are SB guys and I need one?

I read and research all off-season and the draft is not a time to learn things about players. The draft is the time for me to draft, and to do that I only need a list of available players and everyone's roster.

But then, that's just me. Whatever works for you, I say, go for it.

Comment

Does anyone have access to the old RotoJunkie Auction Tracker spreadsheets? I have the one for a 12 team league but I'm looking for the 10 and/or 11 team versions. If anyone has it, could you post a link or shoot me a PM? Mucho gracias.

Comment

Clams -

Are you looking for the generic spreadsheet with all rosters listed or the file that had the input screen and a separate tab for the rosters?

If it is the latter, PM me your email address and I can send you that, as I created it...the other one, I don't have.

Comment

The one with one tab that show's the summary/snapshot for all 10 teams and then 10 more tabs where you input the name and salary of each player as they are taken off the board. Is that the one you have? PM sent. Thanks.

Comment

That is not the one I have...sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by bcollins View Post
                                That is not the one I have...sorry.
                                Damn you!
                                (just kidding - someone's already hooked me up - thanks)

Comment

Working...
                                X