Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What programs will you be using to take to auctions this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

paper grid for players, excel spreadsheet to track rosters/$ available. Laptop open to track "breaking news".
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I'm doing an auction for the first time this season. I've been thinking about trying Rotolab. Will the program change dollar values for inflation/deflation if players go for a higher/lower price than what the program originally tabulated?

Comment

Originally posted by NIN View Post
        I'm doing an auction for the first time this season. I've been thinking about trying Rotolab. Will the program change dollar values for inflation/deflation if players go for a higher/lower price than what the program originally tabulated?
        yessir
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Nothing. Absolutely nothing!
          I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

Just curious, can you set it up to adjust for dynamics of individual drafts such as inflation of top end SP or closers in general?

Comment

you can change the weighted value of categories.....
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                paper grid for players, excel spreadsheet to track rosters/$ available. Laptop open to track "breaking news".
                Hard and fast rule in our league, since before the days of laptops in auctions: Once the auction begins, no outside information allowed. No radio, television, phone calls to the wife watching the ESPN ticker, etc. Now it includes "no internet".

I don't know if it's a good rule or a bad rule, but there it is. It does seem to keep the playing field even for those guys without laptops.

Comment

Looks like a lot of people use Rotolab...if everyone (or even several people) use the same software, doesn't everybody wind up tripping over each other, bidding-wise?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                    Looks like a lot of people use Rotolab...if everyone (or even several people) use the same software, doesn't everybody wind up tripping over each other, bidding-wise?
                    could be, if you dont tweak your projections.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                      Just curious, can you set it up to adjust for dynamics of individual drafts such as inflation of top end SP or closers in general?
                      You can do two things:

1. Weight the categories differently. If you think that your league "inflates" top end pitchers, bump up the weighting of W or K.
                      2. You can change how the values are generated. You can decide to value taking positional scarcity in mind. You can set the percentage of $$$ to go to hitting and pitching. There are also two sliders (one for pitching, one for hitting) change valuation based on a stars and scrubs strategy or a spread the risk strategy. Plus you can use separate hitting and pitching inflation factors.
                      "Which is worse: ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?"

"Sixty eight percent of Republicans don't believe in evolution. On the other hand, only five percent of monkeys believe in Republicans."
                      ---Stephen Colbert

2002 & 2010 HCBB Champion --- http://hcbb.info

Comment

Originally posted by netboy47 View Post
                        You can do two things:

1. Weight the categories differently. If you think that your league "inflates" top end pitchers, bump up the weighting of W or K.
                        2. You can change how the values are generated. You can decide to value taking positional scarcity in mind. You can set the percentage of $$$ to go to hitting and pitching. There are also two sliders (one for pitching, one for hitting) change valuation based on a stars and scrubs strategy or a spread the risk strategy. Plus you can use separate hitting and pitching inflation factors.
                        Sounds like a great program. I would certainly use it if we were allowed to use Laptops. (Yes, the Constitution was written in 1985).

Comment

Sounds like a great program. I would certainly use it if we were allowed to use Laptops. (Yes, the Constitution was written in 1985).
                          If it was written in 1985, then the Constitution makes no mention of laptops.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                            If it was written in 1985, then the Constitution makes no mention of laptops.
                            They must have had one of one of these:

Comment

They must have had one of one of these:

oh so those you can use at the draft?

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                oh so those you can use at the draft?
                                So they can have a live draft and a vintage draft at the same time.
                                Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Working...
                                X