Standing pat, extreme fantasy baseball edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standing pat, extreme fantasy baseball edition

Ok, so I left my auction on April 1 with 23 active players - and I'll finish off the month on Monday with the exact same roster.

Was wondering:

- have you ever stood pat for that long?
    - would it drive you crazy to do so?

Obviously I haven't had any injuries or demotions, or trades.

I'm not 1st in anything (no excess) or last in anything (no horrible weakness). 5th overall, a manageable 24 pts out of 1st - no one has run away with it.

I have been looking to add a 6th SP, but owners with openings keep grabbing the ones with a hint of a pulse before I can make a weekly waiver claim.

And I have a couple of utter duds - McLouth and GBlanco (each 4 for 21 so far) - but incredibly, nothing better is out there at the moment.

On the bright side, I suppose, my net gain stands to be greater if I finish in the money.

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    Ok, so I left my auction on April 1 with 23 active players - and I'll finish off the month on Monday with the exact same roster.

Was wondering:

- have you ever stood pat for that long?
    - would it drive you crazy to do so?

Obviously I haven't had any injuries or demotions, or trades.

I'm not 1st in anything (no excess) or last in anything (no horrible weakness). 5th overall, a manageable 24 pts out of 1st - no one has run away with it.

I have been looking to add a 6th SP, but owners with openings keep grabbing the ones with a hint of a pulse before I can make a weekly waiver claim.

And I have a couple of utter duds - McLouth and GBlanco (each 4 for 21 so far) - but incredibly, nothing better is out there at the moment.

On the bright side, I suppose, my net gain stands to be greater if I finish in the money.

Yes.

I'm tinkerer. Even though I should be more patient it's the toughest for me.

Comment

We allow six "free" moves, whereby you dump an active player from your roster.
      So if I jettison McLouth and Blanco right away, that's two moves gone and have I gotten any better?
      I like the strategy involved in those sort of rules, though over the years we've loosened the reins slightly a couple of times.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

A major part of the fun of fantasy baseball for me anyway is faab/free agency/etc so I could never keep the same 23 players I drafted this long. Of course I do drop a few players who turn out to be very good...
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Yeah, I can relate to that.
          We only do FAAB for AL arrivals, however.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Relatively little roster movement on my 15-team mixed league. I added one pitcher by trade (Haren) and one by FAAB (Santiago Casilla). The offense is solid, and so far I haven't needed to make big changes.

I've had a great week, gaining 21.5 points, up to 119.50 and 14 points ahead of second place. But, the standings are volatile, and may look completely different in a day or two.

Comment

Working...
            X