Cory Hart for Mo Rivera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cory Hart for Mo Rivera

I am thinking about offering Hart for Rivera. I could use another closer and have OF er's to spare. I would prefer to offer Cody Ross, but think Hart is more likely to get me Rivera.

Thanks.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Unless he has a lot of closers or he is out of it and the contract is done this year, why would he make that trade? What is in it for him?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Unless he has a lot of closers or he is out of it and the contract is done this year, why would he make that trade? What is in it for him?
      He basically has one full time closer in Rivera so that is as good as having none, as every other owner has at least two closers.

And what he gets is a darn good OF. 30 hr's, 90 rbi's, 10 SB, 85 runs....that ain't chopped liver
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Where is he in the closer points now?

It is not how fair the offer, or how good the player offered if it does not get us the points we need for our own team.

Certainly try it. But you might be better off trying to get one from those that have two or three.

Comment

He's last in saves right now. and will stay there unless he trades for another closer.

Comment

Setting contracts aside, there's no way I would trade Hart for Rivera, for a couple of reasons. Assuming you are in a 5x5, Hart is at least 50% more valuable than Rivera. The other thing is that since this guy has only one closer, Rivera is essentially worthless for him. If he's stuck in last place in saves, Rivera could be replaced by a middle reliever who will provide ERA, Whip and Ks.

The Rivera owner isn't in a strong position in this negotiation. I don't know if Rasmus would be enough, but that would certainly be my starting point, and I would never get as high as Hart.

Who are your other outfielders, by the way, who make Hart so expendable?

Comment

[QUOTE=Lucky;80444]

The Rivera owner isn't in a strong position in this negotiation. I don't know if Rasmus would be enough, but that would certainly be my starting point, and I would never get as high as Hart.

On the other side of that, I would know that the teams in the middle of the pack would find great value in picking up 5 or 6 easy points. They will be more than happy to trade from excess, rookie status guys and draft upgrades.

While I admit the owner being last in saves and only having one closer makes more sense of the offer. I guess it would depend on salaries and contracts.

If I were the Rivera owner it would depend on if I felt I would be competing for the money while being last in saves. I might also wait to see if the owners of mutliple closers would be willing to trade me one of theirs as they fall out of the money.

Comment

Working...
              X