Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Trout recalled, Abreu is released

Peer pressure, Dipoto

Harper and Trout are going to be compared to each other for the next 10-15 years, so they might as well get promoted on the same day.

Abreu probably deserved better, but he'll have no trouble catching on somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
      Harper and Trout are going to be compared to each other for the next 10-15 years, so they might as well get promoted on the same day.

Abreu probably deserved better, but he'll have no trouble catching on somewhere.
      Yes, and depending on where, he might have some value. No power or speed left, but he can still draw walks and get some hits.

Comment

Can the Rays get out of the Matsui thing and upgrade to Abreu? Seems like a perfect fit for them.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          Can the Rays get out of the Matsui thing and upgrade to Abreu? Seems like a perfect fit for them.
          In what role? Matsui is on a minor league deal that hasn't even been signed yet. Abreu could go into Allen's spot but Allen can play the field and Abreu cannot and he's not an ideal guy to have along with Luke Scott who still can't play the field either.

If he wasn't happy with reduced playing time in LAA, I don't see him getting much more in TB

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            Yes, and depending on where, he might have some value. No power or speed left, but he can still draw walks and get some hits.
            Cleveland could use a third DH to go with Hafner and Damon

I would think that Baltimore or Oakland might be interested in Abreu

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
              In what role? Matsui is on a minor league deal that hasn't even been signed yet. Abreu could go into Allen's spot but Allen can play the field and Abreu cannot and he's not an ideal guy to have along with Luke Scott who still can't play the field either.

If he wasn't happy with reduced playing time in LAA, I don't see him getting much more in TB
              Following up on that, what do you see happening with Godzilla and Tampa? Anything to pay attention to?

Comment

Nothing to see there, Lucky. Feel free to ignore. (This way I can scoop him up for $1 in FAAB and reap the lush rewards!)

<insert evil laugh>
                "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Peer pressure, Dipoto
                  Peer pressure from Mith?

Comment

Usually, by the time these re-treds realize nobody believes in their declining skills, they'll take ANY job...unless your name is jermaine dye, that is.

Comment

Mike Trout is in the Angels lineup today, in LF batting leadoff. Vernon Wells on the bench, Mark Trumbo at 3B.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                        Usually, by the time these re-treds realize nobody believes in their declining skills, they'll take ANY job...unless your name is jermaine dye, that is.
                        He's getting paid whether he plays daily, sits daily, or stays at home. There's no motivation here for him

Comment

Darn it. I just picked up Damon.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                          X