Getting enough for Fielder here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting enough for Fielder here?

12T mixed 7x7 roto keeper. Extra cats are H and OPS x L and HR allowed.

I'd be getting Hosmer Wainwright and Maybin for Prince and Bass. I'm trying to tweak CC into the deal vs Waino but unsure if I'll find the right add to accomplish this.

I currently project as one of the top 3 hitting lineup (weaker in SB tho especially with Crawford and CB Young's return dates so cloudy) but my pitching lacks versus the top teams. I'd be sending Prince to an even better projected lineup (but he took a big hit at SB too when Ellsbury went down). My thinking is adding the pitching and while taking away the net SB of Maybin and Hosmer versus Prince aids me more than the loss in HR RBI and OPS (cats I'm projected to win).

Keeper implications: Our system is based on contract years (CY) and the higher you finish the fewer you earn. 1CY buys 1 keeper year for a veteran player. I won last year so only had 11 to spend. Some teams had as many as 16. I should finish in the money (but not win) this year whether I make this move or not. Multi year contracts are binding (ie someone 'paid' V-Mart this year). When a player's contract expires he becomes a restricted free agents (RFA). We bid on those guys over the winter, their owner holding matching rights. You spend your alloted CY in 3 ways; paying carryover obligations on multi year contracts, attempting to takeover others RFA or matching high bid on your own RFA, and awarding contracts to any unsigned players you hold prior to our draft (analogous to naming final keepers in many leagues).

As it pertains to this deal, Prince is signed and will cost just 1CY going into 2013 and will be RFA after that. Waino (someone had to pay Waino 2CY into 2011 and 1 into this season) and CC are both RFA after this season. Hosmer will be available to sign at any price next spring as he will be coming off a free rookie keep season. (note the other guy has a Votto offer for Hosmer on the table but Votto is obligated 3CY next year and he could better afford Prince at 1CY given all his other studs on longterm deals).*We trade a lot in this league but my partner is reluctant to trade away his top talent. I went very hard after Hosmer most of last season and all off season. Not sure I'll get Hosmer after this year if I don't take this opportunity.

My roster and their keep status next yr if potentially worthy: C Santana-RFA AJ Pierzynski / Prince-1CY Morneau-RFA Matt Adams-minors/ Pedrioa-1CY R Weeks-us / Zimmerman-RFA Valencia / Tulo-3CY Lowrie / Heyward-us Crawford (DL)-RFA CBYoung (DL)-us Delmon-us AJax Ross Bryce-minors / Strasburg-us Latos-us Hanson-us Fister (DL)-us Ubaldo-RFA BAnderson (DL)-us Zambrano Stauffer (DL) Volquez Bass Shelby Miller-minors/ Balfour Fat Frankie H Santiago.
    Last edited by ; 04-27-2012, 08:39 AM.

There's a lot of complexity here, but based on the information you've provided, here are my thoughts.

1) Given that the only eligible keeper here is Prince (you didn't mention Maybin's contract status, but based on your system, I'm not entirely sure he would be worth keeping unless he really explodes this year - which he might), I would ask for CC.
    2) Given that you think you ultimately will finish in the money regardless of whether you do the deal, I would keep Prince.
    3) With Crawford likely out until the ASB and Ellsbury possibly back by Memorial Day, taking Maybin out of his lineup becomes significant in terms of gaining a SB advantage this season.
    4) It also depends on how much you think Hosmer will produce this season.

I say make him include Sabathia and do the deal.
    "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
    "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
      There's a lot of complexity here, but based on the information you've provided, here are my thoughts.

1) Given that the only eligible keeper here is Prince (you didn't mention Maybin's contract status, but based on your system, I'm not entirely sure he would be worth keeping unless he really explodes this year - which he might), I would ask for CC.
      2) Given that you think you ultimately will finish in the money regardless of whether you do the deal, I would keep Prince.
      3) With Crawford likely out until the ASB and Ellsbury possibly back by Memorial Day, taking Maybin out of his lineup becomes significant in terms of gaining a SB advantage this season.
      4) It also depends on how much you think Hosmer will produce this season.

I say make him include Sabathia and do the deal.
      Thanks, Maybin is unsigned and yes he could be kept. I really like Hosmer but I don't see him outproducing Prince just yet. The future definately plays a role here. Prince is signed through 2013 and will be the only stud 1B RFA that offseason. Witout competition he'll likely draw huge bids I wouldn't be in position to match. If I take the deal I'd likely sign Hosmer at least through 2014 and probably 2015 in part due to some other 1B up for RFA after those seasons. Pujols and M-Cab are RFA after the 2014 season, Votto and A-Gone after 2015.

Comment

Working...
      X