Opinions on trade offers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on trade offers

I offered Ibanez for Sean Marshall as other owner indicated he wanted an OF and was willing to trade RP. Now i know Ibanez probably wasn't going to get Marshall, but he countered with wanting either Cory Hart or CarGo. Is that offer as ridiculous as i think it is?

Thanks.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Yes it is.

Comment

I wouldnt do it...but it sounds like a good negotiation. You must have an OF or two who is clearly better than Ibanez but not in the Hart/Gonzalez tier. Maybe like a Melky or a Swisher or a JD martinez -- someone in that range.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        I wouldnt do it...but it sounds like a good negotiation. You must have an OF or two who is clearly better than Ibanez but not in the Hart/Gonzalez tier. Maybe like a Melky or a Swisher or a JD martinez -- someone in that range.
        My other OF'ers are: Crisp, Cody Ross, Vernon Wells, and Parra...so maybe there's not a good fit for a trade.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
          My other OF'ers are: Crisp, Cody Ross, Vernon Wells, and Parra...so maybe there's not a good fit for a trade.
          You could try Cody Ross, he's hot atm.

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
            You could try Cody Ross, he's hot atm.
            Good call.

Comment

not to hijack the thread, but what about a Beachy for Martinez and Alonso deal...me getting the hitters??

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                I offered Ibanez for Sean Marshall as other owner indicated he wanted an OF and was willing to trade RP. Now i know Ibanez probably wasn't going to get Marshall, but he countered with wanting either Cory Hart or CarGo. Is that offer as ridiculous as i think it is?

Thanks.
                That's an insult to Carlos Gonzalez, putting him the same caliber as Corey Hart.
                "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
                  That's an insult to Carlos Gonzalez, putting him the same caliber as Corey Hart.
                  Not so far this year....

Comment

Working...
                  X