• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Hosmer?

12 team AL only roto keeper 5x5 w/obp

I'm in 2nd

Have the makings of a possible deal for my Hosmer

My Hosmer $10 good through 2013 and Bailey $11 2013 (probably not helping me at all this year)
    for
    my choice of any of these 4 (A-Rod $27 2014 or Dunn $22 2014 or Butler $23 2014 or Rios $18 2014) plus Crisp $12 2013 for steals and Chris Perez $15 2013

I get 3 for 2

I'm light on saves and I'm on the middle in steals. I'm doing well in all other offensive cats, either 1st,2nd or 3rd.

Let me know what ya think

Thanks
    Last edited by price; 04-24-2012, 11:35 PM.

That is tough. I'm coming from a 16 team mixed league perspective, so I may not be fully understanding the value added by Crisp and Perez, so take this with a grain of salt, but I'd pass, not because this type of deal doesn't make sense for you, but because the pieces coming back have question marks, so I'm not sure they are worth the sure thing value you are giving for these upgrades.

But if you are dead set on doing it, the question then becomes, who to choose? I have concerns about all 4 guys. Butler is probably the safest, but he doesn't have the upside or position flexibility that Arod gives you, so I'd probably go with Arod. Dunn is a dark horse because it is an OBP league, but I still wouldn't trust him enough to take him over Arod or Butler. Rios has been hitting well lately, but no way would I do the deal for him. I don't trust that guy.

Whatever you decide, to me, you shouldn't let their salaries factor into your decision at all. If you are doing this deal, you are clearly trading the future for the now, so don't do it in half measures. None of these guys are great keepers. Choose the one you think helps you the most this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      That is tough. I'm coming from a 16 team mixed league perspective, so I may not be fully understanding the value added by Crisp and Perez, so take this with a grain of salt, but I'd pass, not because this type of deal doesn't make sense for you, but because the pieces coming back have question marks, so I'm not sure they are worth the sure thing value you are giving for these upgrades.

But if you are dead set on doing it, the question then becomes, who to choose? I have concerns about all 4 guys. Butler is probably the safest, but he doesn't have the upside or position flexibility that Arod gives you, so I'd probably go with Arod. Dunn is a dark horse because it is an OBP league, but I still wouldn't trust him enough to take him over Arod or Butler. Rios has been hitting well lately, but no way would I do the deal for him. I don't trust that guy.

Whatever you decide, to me, you shouldn't let their salaries factor into your decision at all. If you are doing this deal, you are clearly trading the future for the now, so don't do it in half measures. None of these guys are great keepers. Choose the one you think helps you the most this year.
      I'm sending him a counter offer taking Hosmer out and putting Reimold in and asking for A-Rod, Crisp and Perez

Comment

Originally posted by price View Post
        I'm sending him a counter offer taking Hosmer out and putting Reimold in and asking for A-Rod, Crisp and Perez

I doubt he'll do that one, but if he does, I like it for you.

Comment

i think the hosmer deal is pretty good as well. people can get fairly greedy when it comes to young studs at keepable prices, but this is a case where you're selling him for the returns you need to make a legitimate run. seems like a fair bargain. i'd put some major thought into butler vs arod, though. tough call.

reimold doesnt carry near the value of hosmer - slim chance of that maneuver passing.
          One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Working...
          X