Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Do You Now Consider to be "For Real"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how about that JOSE ALTUVE?!??! Guy is carrying me.

Comment

I think we can put Raffy Betancourt on this list too.

Comment

bartolo colon.
        for about half a season, anyway.
        or until he eats the bay area out of doritos locos tacos.
        One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Lance Lynn?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
            I like the three "others" you have named, but not Worley. But I am terrible on pitchers.
            I'm in trade talks to acquire Worley. I know he doesn't have the pedigree, but he just seems to pitch well nearly every time he's out there. Anyone else see hidden flaws here, or has he shown you enough that he is a good 3/4 starter?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              I'm in trade talks to acquire Worley. I know he doesn't have the pedigree, but he just seems to pitch well nearly every time he's out there. Anyone else see hidden flaws here, or has he shown you enough that he is a good 3/4 starter?
              In deep leagues we expect 3/4 starters to have some flaws. I traded Worley in the off season. I have some regrets. Now I can't get him back without overpaying.

Comment

how about David Freese? He's been every bit the stud he was in the post-season.

Comment

at what point do fantasy players take Kyle Lohse seriously as a solid starting pitching option? At 14-2, he has to be right in the Cy race, and this without Dave Duncan!

Comment

It will be a crime if Cueto isn't the Cy Young winner

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      at what point do fantasy players take Kyle Lohse seriously as a solid starting pitching option? At 14-2, he has to be right in the Cy race, and this without Dave Duncan!
                      It'd be foolish not to take him seriously. He's now put up very good numbers two years running, and as you've noted, without Duncan directly guiding him during games. In fantasy terms, he's not as strong in 5x5 since he's not a big K pitcher, but he helps everywhere else.

Agree with Jason about Cueto - the guy's been a beast, and put up great numbers even in that bandbox.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        I'm certainly enjoying my 5th round reserve pick! Right after my 4th round pick I realized Lohse was still out there and my staff was pretty weak coming out of the auction so Lohse was exactly the type of player I needed...I was sweating those last few picks since he was by far the most-owner player remaining (~ 30% higher than anyone else IIRC).
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          Melky Cabrera
                          This is funny.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Ex-Yankee-doing-well-so-he-must-be-on-PEDs-because-I'm-Brian-Cashman-and-any-ex-Yankee-doing-well-must-be-juicing A J Burnett.

Not CY-worthy but darned solid since that one disaster months ago against the Cards. Got him as a 3rd-round reserve pick, too.
                            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                            -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker765 View Post
                              This reminds me of someone's team name. They had Eric Byrnes and Jake Peavy so their team name was "It Byrnes when I Peavy"
                              Not sure how I missed this. Very funny.

Comment

I think Jason Heyward is proving himself to be real.

Comment

Working...
                                X