Wainwright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wainwright

Anyone have a read on Wainwright? So difficult to tell if he is simply rebuilding arm strength post-TJ surgery -- or if he just won't be what he was before. Any scouts or fanboys have an informed take?

Not a homer, but the Cardinals have not scored a run while he has been in. His K/BB looks good. I think his FB velocity is a down, but I think we just need to be patient.

Comment

I've seen a bunch of things saying that all his peripherals are good and he's just giving up an unexpected number of home runs, but today was all kinds of ugly. He started single, single, walk the bases loaded, walk a run in, walk another run in.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Just didn't have a feel for it today. I think he'll have a solid second half. But his owners will have to live with these ups and downs until the.

Comment

Cardinals fan checking in - my understanding, though I haven't looked up velocity numbers, is that his problem all year has been commanding the location of his pitches, inconsistency in that effort. This to me suggests that he'll be fine - it isn't a lingering injury; he just hasn't quite harnessed his stuff yet. Cardinal fan bias here perhaps, but I'd say Buy Low.

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
            Cardinals fan checking in - my understanding, though I haven't looked up velocity numbers, is that his problem all year has been commanding the location of his pitches, inconsistency in that effort. This to me suggests that he'll be fine - it isn't a lingering injury; he just hasn't quite harnessed his stuff yet. Cardinal fan bias here perhaps, but I'd say Buy Low.
            That's what it looked liked to me every time I've watched him pitch this year. His body language is good.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
              I've seen a bunch of things saying that all his peripherals are good and he's just giving up an unexpected number of home runs, but today was all kinds of ugly. He started single, single, walk the bases loaded, walk a run in, walk another run in.
              I happened to catch the first inning. The first two hits he gave up were seeing eye singles which barely made it past the infielder. He seemed to get frustrated and lose his composure after those two hits. I think you can chalk it up as a game which he might not of had his best control and some bad luck mixed in. I think he is a good buy low candidate.

Comment

Yeah, I'm certainly not planning to sell low in the league where I own him.

Comment

Working...
                X