From the department of nobody gives a crap - Pelfrey and Bay to the DL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the department of nobody gives a crap - Pelfrey and Bay to the DL

Pelfrey with elbow issues. MRI today ligament tear not ruled out yet.
    Bay has a broken rib.

Mets fan cheer at the fact that both are off the roster for now.

Zach Lutz and Robert Carson called up. Chris Schwinden likely to start Friday.

I got Pelfry for $2 in the end game in my NL only 5x5 keeper. He has made me a few bucks. I am not happy or cheering about this at all.

Comment

Don't be fooled by a few decent starts. Pelfrey is a huge sack of shit and you're better off.

Comment

Partial tear of the ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow

Comment

wow I just wasted one whole FAAB dollar on Pelfrey, that shmohawk.

Comment

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
            Partial tear of the ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow
            Wow. Is he out for the season? They could have dumped the bum in ST for next to nothing.

Comment

Pelfrey was pitching well. I'm bummed. The Mets announcers are perhaps the best in the NL at least...between Darling's comments and reading about Pelfrey online, I was convinced he had turned a corner and was going to have one of his best years. Velocity up...K rate was vacillating...pretty typical for a hurler who primarily throws the sinker (but also has sometimes decent secondary pitches) --- it will depend on his stuff that day and the type of hitters he is up against. Anyway, I read as well that his therapist died last season (IIRC), which I don't think helped his game. The mental part is huge. And perhaps more of a challenge for some than others.

Damn.

Comment

How long should we expect Bay to be out for?

Comment

Mets Seasonal Affective Disorder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=GR3mQby1Cpo

Comment

Originally posted by NL Only View Post
                    Pelfrey was pitching well. I'm bummed. The Mets announcers are perhaps the best in the NL at least...between Darling's comments and reading about Pelfrey online, I was convinced he had turned a corner and was going to have one of his best years. Velocity up...K rate was vacillating...pretty typical for a hurler who primarily throws the sinker (but also has sometimes decent secondary pitches) --- it will depend on his stuff that day and the type of hitters he is up against. Anyway, I read as well that his therapist died last season (IIRC), which I don't think helped his game. The mental part is huge. And perhaps more of a challenge for some than others.

Damn.
                    You forgot one important factor that it's the NY Mets. Of course the guy needs TJ surgery when he's actually pitching good. When he pitches like crap he can go for over 200ip.

Comment

I spent $8 on Bay and still hold out hope he'll be worth the "investment". It's not like the injuries pitchers sustain or a concussion, it's a broken bone, time off generally known.
                      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                      -- William James

Comment

Working...
                      X