Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Help - McCab for Halladay and then some

10 team mixed, 6x6 (standard cats + OPS and quality starts), keeper league

Always looking to upgrade hitting but not sure if I can take the pitching hit.

Trade A:
    I give up Halladay ($40 keeper, expires 2013), Beltran ($7 - 2014) and Bryce Harper ($10 - 2014).
    I get Miggy Cabrera ($45 - 2014), Howie Kendrick ($10 - 2014) and Josh Beckett ($5 - 2013)

Trade B:
    I give up Halladay/Harper and Adrian Beltre ($13 - 2013)
    I get: Miggy, Kendrick and Cueto ($5-2013)

I think I'd rather take the first deal if I did any, but would rather get Cueto than Beckett.

The rest of my team:
    C - Yadier
    1B - Adrian
    2b - Pedroia
    3B - Beltre, Encarnacion
    SS - Andrus
    IF - B. Phillips
    OF - Bruce, McCutcheon, Victorino, Beltran, Markakis, Harper
    DL - Ryan Howard

SP - Sabathia, Halladay, Holland, Scherzer, Morrow, Sale
    RP - Sean Marshall, H-Rod, Jim Johnson, Casilla, Farnsworth

Thoughts from the pen? Giving up too much? Hurting my pitching?

How much do you love Miggy? I like Kendrick but I also like Beltran a lot, so those guys are basically a wash. Halladay and a cheap Harper should get you more than Miggy and Josh Beckett, who I don't really trust at all (K rate and velocity are down a lot). Unless you really think Beckett can have a good season and/or Miggy is a whole $10+ better than Halladay. Which he could be. And if Pedroia or Phillips isn't a keeper then Kendrick is a nice keeper. But for a 10-team league, you have a pretty big drop-off after CC/Holland if Beckett isn't good.

There's a lot of "if" in this deal - it's very likely that Harper isn't a great keeper at $10 next year. Is there anyone other than Beckett that you can get? Is this the most you can get for Harper? Would he fetch a Halladay or Lee by himself at the deadline? I'm leaning towards doing it, just because a 10-team league should have some pitching you can use on the free agent list.

I like A better than B, I still think Beltre should be better than Beltran.

Comment

I think you give up too much pitching.

If he is like most leagues he wants Harper.

I would offer him Beltre and Harper for Miggy and Kendrick and leave the pitchers out. I would not include Halladay in a this deal at all.

If he doesn't go for that I would wait. You will get more in the future.

Comment

Thanks guys. I really would like Miggy and think my offense could use some help. But like you guys mentioned, not sure if my pitching can withstand losing Halladay. He has Strasburg but obviously doesn't want to trade him. He also has Cueto which he might include.

Pedroia and Phillips are both keepers so Kendrick, while nice, would be more of a utility guy and I'd place him in various spots. That's alot of infield keepers though.

I haven't tried trading Harper around yet. This guy is a D.C. native so he's wanted him more than others. I may just hold tight for a bit more and let things shake out and then try trading again.

Comment

Working...
        X