No announcement yet.

Philip Humber....Shhhhhhh....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

congrats to Humber but Ryan didnt go around.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Is that the 21st perfecto in MLB history? I like the quirky stat that more men have flown to the moon (24) than have pitched a perfect game. Well, one more closer today.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Ryan could've beaten it out had he not stopped. It did look a bit dubious, but it wasn't terribly egregious.
        This. But when looking at the replay I thought he went but barely.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Colorado View Post
          Is that the 21st perfecto in MLB history? I like the quirky stat that more men have flown to the moon (24) than have pitched a perfect game. Well, one more closer today.
          Yeah-- 20 during the regular season, 1 in the post-season. 22 if you count Armando Galarraga!

Comment

Well at least the Twins got something out of the Santana deal...oh wait..

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
              Well at least the Twins got something out of the Santana deal...oh wait..
              Well, at least a Met finally threw a no-hitter.....oh wait......

Comment

I think this is the first perfect game I've had by someone actually in my line up!

I know it is hard to be objective when a guy has just thrown a perfect game, but from what I've seen of Humber this year, I don't think this is some fluke perfecto from a guy who will have a mediocre year. I think Humber may be turning a corner. Not turning into an ace, but into a legit reliable #2/#3 type starter this year.
                Last edited by Sour Masher; 04-21-2012, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  I think this is the first perfect game I've had by someone actually in my line up!
                  Ditto!

I have Humber, Kershaw and Feliz all going today. Their combined line so far is 16 IP, 1 H, 1 BB, 15 Ks.
                  Last edited by revo; 04-21-2012, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Who has 2 thumbs & tabbed Humber as the best $1 pitcher for drafts? This guy

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...rticleid=16339

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                      Had to drop him because of Santiago and Steve picked him up. Bastage lol. He was someone I thought would break out this year.
                      And I thank you so very much for that move... It's interesting, I watched the O's broadcast of their game with the WS earlier this week, and Jim Palmer could stop raving about what a PITCHER Humber was. How he had an idea of how to set a hitter up, what he wanted to throw 3 pitches from now, and how he worked all corners of the plate. Congrats to the Sox, and boo to the Twins for a total lack of patience...
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        And I thank you so very much for that move... It's interesting, I watched the O's broadcast of their game with the WS earlier this week, and Jim Palmer could stop raving about what a PITCHER Humber was. How he had an idea of how to set a hitter up, what he wanted to throw 3 pitches from now, and how he worked all corners of the plate. Congrats to the Sox, and boo to the Twins for a total lack of patience...
                        I was really surprised he wasn't drafted and was so happy to land him in the reserve round.

MJ - good call.

Comment

[QUOTE=Moonlight J;79128][COLOR=#333333][FONT=HelveticaNeue]Who has 2 thumbs & tabbed Humber as the best $1 pitcher for drafts? This guy
                          Very nice call on Humber. The call for Pujols as overall MVP hitter looks iffy though at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post

I know it is hard to be objective when a guy has just thrown a perfect game, but from what I've seen of Humber this year, I don't think this is some fluke perfecto from a guy who will have a mediocre year. I think Humber may be turning a corner. Not turning into an ace, but into a legit reliable #2/#3 type starter this year.
                            The prediction I read said the league caught up with him in the second half last year and he is an average arm, so I avoided him. Argh. I owned him last year and moved him in a dump deal.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Humber's Perfecto Musings

- Since 2009, there have been four perfectos thrown. During the 75-year period of 1880-1955, or from 1961-1980, there were only three.
                              - if you include Armando Galarraga's "perfecto" and Jonathan Sanchez's no-hit, no-walk effort in '09, there were six in this four year period
                              - the NY Mets have never had a no-no in their 50-year history, but 8 former Mets have tossed 15 no-hitters between them
                              - one can argue that Humber may have been the least likely of the White Sox rotation to throw a no-no

Comment

Humber had a no-no for awhile last year as well. He's rather pitch efficient and a matchup against a pathetic Seattle lineup is just what the doctor ordered

Comment

Working...
                                X