Dunn Ain't Done Yet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunn Ain't Done Yet!

I drafted him in most of my leagues, and was starting to think he was going to continue his woeful ways. But huzzah! Yea the K rate is still too high, but Dunn, with 2 HRs and 5 RBIs, lives on to fight another day!

Yeah, I ended my AL-only auction very light on power so I traded Howie Kendrick for Dunn. Felt good about it after opening day, crappy about it since then, coming back around to happy about it after the last couple days.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
      Yeah, I ended my AL-only auction very light on power so I traded Howie Kendrick for Dunn. Felt good about it after opening day, crappy about it since then, coming back around to happy about it after the last couple days.
      Yeah, that's a very risky deal. I think most would take Kendrick, but good luck with it.

Comment

In my 16 team H-H league, I gave up a 7th rounder for him, and since we have 10 keepers, it's the equivalent of a 17th rounder. I also own him in my 2 other leagues...I am also very happy.

The 2nd one that he hit last night was vintage...he just flicked the bat out and it rocketed into the stands...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          In my 16 team H-H league, I gave up a 7th rounder for him, and since we have 10 keepers, it's the equivalent of a 17th rounder. I also own him in my 2 other leagues...I am also very happy.

The 2nd one that he hit last night was vintage...he just flicked the bat out and it rocketed into the stands...
          you can tell something has clicked with him. He's hitting more doubles than he has in years -- he has 6 already, and had just 16 in his 415 ABs last year.

Believe it or not (and yeah, it's only 60 PAs), his current .571 SLG would be the highest of career in a full season.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Yeah, that's a very risky deal. I think most would take Kendrick, but good luck with it.
            A couple things make it more reasonable:

a) it's an OBP league so Dunn will probably end up MORE valuable than Kendrick in that category
            b) I had Kendrick as my 1B at the end of the draft with Kotchman my only other 1B

In a vacuum it sounds like kind of a dumb deal based on last year's stats, but I'm a Dunn believer so I thought it was worth the risk. Plus, the trade would've been laughed at going the other way after last year's draft in our league, so hopefully last year was just a blip.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
              A couple things make it more reasonable:

a) it's an OBP league so Dunn will probably end up MORE valuable than Kendrick in that category
              b) I had Kendrick as my 1B at the end of the draft with Kotchman my only other 1B

In a vacuum it sounds like kind of a dumb deal based on last year's stats, but I'm a Dunn believer so I thought it was worth the risk. Plus, the trade would've been laughed at going the other way after last year's draft in our league, so hopefully last year was just a blip.
              No, that's a very sound deal in an OPB league...Dunn has averaged .374 for his CAREER, so that's money in the bank if he's back to form.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Another HR and 2 RBIs today for Dunn, giving him 8 HRs and 22 RBIs on the year. Can Dunn owners strike 2011 from the record books, like the 1985 season of "Dallas?"

Comment

he's now matched last season's HR total, and has been a total beast the last 10 games or so.

Anyone who took a chance and drafted Dunn has a steal on their hands....

Comment

In my extremely shallow 10 team mixed league where I picked 10th and had the very last pick in the draft I selected Dunn. I'm very happy I did. He's picking up for the lack of power Votto has had so far.
                    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

In the past 30 days Dunn is 17 for 92 (.182 AVG) but has 9 home runs. In the past two weeks 4 of his 6 hits (in 45 ABs for a .133 AVG) have been home runs. That is a total feast or famine kind of slugger.
                      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                        In the past 30 days Dunn is 17 for 92 (.182 AVG) but has 9 home runs. In the past two weeks 4 of his 6 hits (in 45 ABs for a .133 AVG) have been home runs. That is a total feast or famine kind of slugger.
                        Rob Deer and Mickey Tettleton approve this post.

Comment

but still has a better than respectable .365 OBA

Comment

despite his 100 Ks, he now leads the majors in HRs with 23. It's safe to say that anyone who drafted him got far more than they bargained for.

Comment

Dunn stole second.

That one more major league stolen base this year than Billy Hamilton has.

Comment

Working...
                              X