The Maddening Edwin Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Maddening Edwin Jackson

From a 2-hit CG against the Reds to a first inning shellacking at the hands of the hapless Astros. Find some consistency and you'll get that fat contract you've been looking for Edwin!

Edwin Jackson... You've been FASTED!
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

The only winning move is not to play him.

Comment

Had Jackson and Wainwright going today. Always nice to see your ERA expand. Oh wait is it better when it's smaller?

Comment

This guy has been insane for the first half of the season. I own him and have been cringing every start waiting for the shellacking to happen, and yet is hasnt happend.

Am I playing with fire? Should I look to move him while his value is high? Should I hold on to him?

I am in an NL-Only league and have him at $6.

Comment

Originally posted by GladHeAteHer View Post
            This guy has been insane for the first half of the season. I own him and have been cringing every start waiting for the shellacking to happen, and yet is hasnt happend.
            Way to call down the thunder...
            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
              Way to call down the thunder...
              LOL...but even with that beatdown in Colorado, he still owns a sub 3.5 ERA and sub 1.15 WHIP. Wow.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I picked him off WW in 2009 and road him to a title. I did it again this year, so it is ordained the he will be good down the stretch.

Either that, or Greinke will carry us.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by GladHeAteHer View Post

Am I playing with fire? Should I look to move him while his value is high? Should I hold on to him?

I am in an NL-Only league and have him at $6.
                  You're in two NL-only leagues?!? You hussy!

I'll trade you Joe Blanton back for him

Comment

I figured the ones most maddened by EJ before tonite were the ones who competed against those who owned him.

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                    X