Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonifacio looks bonafide

9 steals.....walk rate way up.

I was just coming here to post about him. He could be the "steal" of the year, pun intended.

Comment

Ozzie will let him run all day long -- just never thought he'd show the plate discipline to take advantage of it. So far, so god

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        Ozzie will let him run all day long -- just never thought he'd show the plate discipline to take advantage of it. So far, so god
        He showed it the 2nd half of last year...Trader Jack got through to him and made him a real ballplayer. No matter what else he did, Miami should give him a paycheck for life...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

I thought about extending Bonifacio to $11 through 2014 (instead of the expiring $1 contract I have him at now) but got a resounding NOOOOO!!! from the bullpenners. Of course it's too early to tell whether that would have been wise or not, but right now I'm having some regret.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
            I thought about extending Bonifacio to $11 through 2014 (instead of the expiring $1 contract I have him at now) but got a resounding NOOOOO!!! from the bullpenners. Of course it's too early to tell whether that would have been wise or not, but right now I'm having some regret.
            I'd have told you to go for it depending on league size. I've been on his bandwagon for awhile as he helped me win a championship last year. The only thing that disappoints me about Boni is he will lose his SS and 3b elg after this year. he's just a CFer in 2013, which makes him a lot less valuable, even if he continues to hit and steal (which I think he will).

Comment

"I thought about extending Bonifacio to $11 through 2014 (instead of the expiring $1 contract I have him at now) but got a resounding NOOOOO!!! from the bullpenners."

And yet once you get thru the champagne you drink at the end of this season's title winner...

wait, you still can't win with this guy now at 1, but can win with him at 11 down the road?
              how come?

VERY small sample size so far, but .348 BA and .208 xBA
              preposterous hit pct

if you can get 90 cents on this early dollar, take it...
              Last edited by Judge Jude; 04-19-2012, 08:46 PM.
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

damn.....

Emilio Bonifacio will have thumb surgery Friday and is expected to miss four to six weeks.
                Tough break for Bonifacio, who was placed on the disabled list earlier this week with what was originally described as a left thumb sprain. The surgery will keep him out through late June or early July. Bryan Petersen should get the majority of playing time in center field during his absence, but it's tough to get excited about him outside of NL-only fantasy leagues.
                Source: Clark Spencer on Twitter May 24 - 4:19 PM

Comment

Justin Ruggiano is headed to the Marlins (to Triple-A New Orleans).
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
                  X