2K12: Matt Carpenter, STL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K12: Matt Carpenter, STL

Anything to see here? Lance Berkman may be DL-bound and so far, through 25 ABs, Carpenter has been mighty productive.

In over 1,100 ABs in the minors, he is a .300 hitter and has a pretty good plate approach.

bears watching if he sees PT moving forward I think.
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

He needs to keep hitting like he has been to have a shot, a mini slump and I'd bet the Cards give Matt Adams the call.

Comment

Don't forget Allen Craig, likely returning in may. I bet Carpenter will continue to get squeezed out of playing time. He really needs to keep hitting and have two of (Berkman/Craig/Freese/Jay/Holliday/Beltran) injured to see playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by Porcello View Post
        He needs to keep hitting like he has been to have a shot, a mini slump and I'd bet the Cards give Matt Adams the call.
        I sure hope so, but I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
          I sure hope so, but I'm not holding my breath.
          EDIT: Confirmed. Mozeliak said he thought about calling up Adams, but with Carpenter doing well decided not to. Also Adams isn't on the 40 man roster.

Comment

It's so ****ing annoying dealing with this guy. I really believe in his talent but his playing time is so spotty that I'm never sure when to play him. Thus I've missed out on his three homers already.

Comment

Working...
            X