Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get True Value?

for my pitching.

I posted a while ago about my NL team and the pitching is just killing it (here I go whistling past the graveyard) and now I've even more on the way. Here's the arms and salaries:

Starters--
    Cain $34 1/3
    T Hanson $12 3/5
    Strasberg $4 2/3
    Cueto $4 2/2T
    Worley $5 2/3
    Kimbrel $5 2/3
    Fransisco $9 1/3
    Cashner $5 2/3
    Chapman $14 1/3

Reserve:
    Bass and Karstens with Wieland coming up and Bauer not far from being called up. I also have Brach who I think will be very good down the stretch and in contention for the closer gig in SD with Cashner once Street is gone.

As you can see, I've a lot of very good, cheap talent (that can be kept) and should easily win most of the pitching cats.

Can I really get TRUE value in a trade for any of it seeing as how my leaguemates might just allow me to run away with pitching and go for the rest of the points.

Or have I grossly over estimated how good these guys might actually be this year?
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I see no reason that teams that have contracts that are done after this year wouldn't want to trade them for cheap pitching once they determine they are in the rebuilding mode. Patience is the key at this time.

Comment

As Gregg said, dumping teams will definitely want cheap pitching from you. I'm suspecting you need hitting (which is why you're concerned about value), so keep an eye out to see if there's any teams that appear likely to be going into rebuilding mode early.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Put me down for grossly overestimated. Some of the guys are great bargains. Some of them not so much.

Great Bargains:

Strasberg $4 2/3
        Cueto $4 2/2T
        Kimbrel $5 2/3

Not so much:

Cain $34 1/3 (way over value)
        T Hanson $12 3/5 (just a little under value)
        Worley $5 2/3 (decent bargain, $3 or $4 under value)
        Fransisco $9 1/3 (at value)
        Cashner $5 2/3 (over value now, maybe potential later)
        Chapman $14 1/3 (great potential, but overvalued for this year)

If there's a lot of inflation, Hanson, Worley and Francisco could become good bargains.

Some guys fall in love with their pitching staffs. They see what could be rather than what is or what is likely to be. There's nothing wrong with that, but you can't always expect a trading partner to share your optimism about a given player.

I would be curious to see your projections for these pitchers. They must be pretty strong, if you are projecting them to easily win most of the pitching categories.

Comment

That's a very strong group. Surprised you bought Cain and Chapman for $48 instead of just buying offense and having a balanced team, thereby avoiding this predicament.

But you'll have no trouble moving one of the bargains for a stud hitter come Memorial Day weekend. Until then, enjoy.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Cashner went for 13 (!) in my league
            almost as much as Samardzija (16, lol)
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
            X