Vlad Guerrero apparently assaulted a cop in the DR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vlad Guerrero apparently assaulted a cop in the DR

This ain't gonna help his chances of catching on with a big league club this year. It will be sad if this is how he goes out. Before injuries stole his leg speed and ultimately his bat speed as well, he was probably one of the top five all-around baseball players of his generation.

Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

For his career, he's .318 AVG, 449 HR, 1496 RBI, 1328 R, 181 SB with an infamous cannon of an arm in RF. In another era not tinged with steroid-inflated stats, he'd probably be a Hall of Famer. In this era, it will be interesting to see the level of support he gets.

Wow, you really think there's a chance he wouldn't make the Hall? Best bad ball hitter since Yogi Berra.
    "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
      Wow, you really think there's a chance he wouldn't make the Hall? Best bad ball hitter since Yogi Berra.
      Unfortunately, yes, I think B-Fly's right. With many of his prime years were spent in the media and baseball wasteland known as Montreal, combined with his stats not measuring up to many in his own era, and I think it'll be a struggle.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Vlad trivia: only player with 400+ HR, 150+ SB, and .310+ AVG (449, 181, .318)

But he lacks a team to support him (unless the Angels go for it), has similar stats to Larry Walker, has inferior career HR/RBI stats to Manny.
        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Do you think Vlad is more deserving than Jeff Bagwell?

Comment

Working...
          X