My BOXSCORE squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My BOXSCORE squad

Same league as Lucky, Long John, et al. 15-team 5x5 mixed. (*kept)

I went in with the lowest spend of any team keeping 10 players and planned to spend big on some studs: Halladay or Lee; Cano or Pedroia; Mo.Rivera or Betancourt. As you can see I was also tempted to splurge on McCutchen, and my early spending spree left me quiet for most of the latter half of the auction, but in a mixed league I always think the scrubs are easily replaced if they don't work out. What do you guys think?

C Buster Posey 10*
    C Ramon Hernandez 3
    1B Ike Davis 5*
    3B Evan Longoria 20*
    CI Chris Johnson 1
    2B Robinson Cano 42
    SS Asdrubal Cabrera 2*
    MI Jose Altuve 1*
    OF Alex Gordon 10*
    OF Peter Bourjos 1*
    OF Andrew McCutchen 35
    OF Delmon Young 9
    OF Garrett Jones 1
    UT Billy Butler 18

SP Roy Halladay 44
    SP Adam Wainwright 2*
    SP Tommy Hanson 18
    SP Brandon McCarthy 10
    SP Edwin Jackson 2
    SP Scott Baker 1
    RP Mariano Rivera 20
    RP Javy Guerra 1*
    RP David Robertson 1*

Reserve picks:

SP Joe Blanton
    OF Andres Torres
    SP Liam Hendriks
    SS/OF Willie Bloomquist
    1B Todd Helton
    OF Marlon Byrd
    RP Joaquin Benoit

MIN Bryce Harper 15*
    MIN Shelby Miller 5*

For a 15-teamer, that's a good looking team. Your power and speed risks are pretty spread out. Butler at 18 is a jaw-dropping steal, IMO. Your reserves of Bloomquist, Byrd, and Helton form a pretty good plug and play trio if you have some hitting injuries. Given Baker's questionable health, I'd keep on the lookout for another SP on the waiver wire.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I like it too. GI Jones and Chris Johnson are some holes that you don't want to see in a 15-teamer, but you have some studs to make up for it. Delmon for 9 is a better buy than Butler. Baker looks like he could be toast so I don't like your SP depth, but you could plug Benoit in there and be OK. If Guerra doesn't keep the job then you might be in trouble. But it looks like a contender with room to make a big move by trading Miller or Harper for a truckload if things go right early.

Comment

I think Brian had a remarkably good auction, especially given that he didn't have a great keeper list. My projections show his squad to be a money team and in the mix for the top spot.

I will say that Butler would not have gone that cheaply had the site not frozen me out during that bidding. I love Butler this year.

Comment

Working...
        X