No announcement yet.

BOXSCORE HUNGRY FREAKS, with Jason, Byron, Hoyos, B-Fly and many other sharks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOXSCORE HUNGRY FREAKS, with Jason, Byron, Hoyos, B-Fly and many other sharks

So, yesterday was the auction for Boxscore, a 15-team mixed 5x5 with Jason, Byron, Hoyos, B-Fly and numerous other sharks, including the two CBS fantasy gurus, Al Melchior and Nando Di Fino. It's a tough league, and not getting any easier.

It was a weird auction. Owners were paying $6 to $10 over the already inflated values. As a result, all of the top tier players (and second tier players) went for a lot. Jered Weaver went for $39, Timmy for $35. Even Bumgarner went for $27. Cano went for $42.

My auction plan had been stay away from the top guys, figuring they would be too much, and concentrate on some good $12 to $18 players. It's hard to sit there for five rounds without getting a single player, though, so eventually I had to jump in. I didn't get any of the great hitting bargains at the end (partly since my outfield was already pretty full), but I got some good value in the pitching department.

The reserve draft was intended to get me a home run guy (Hafner) and another starter with some upside (Porcello). I wanted to back up my two closers, and get a guy (Melancon) who could pick up a few saves. Swapping out Alcides Escobar and Travis Hafner give the team a couple of different looks, the first holding more SBs and the latter more HRs. I think Allen Craig could contribute as well, if he comes back by the end of April as they are predicting.

Comments, suggestions, observations...all would be appreciated. My goal is to finish as high as possible this year, even if it means trading away some of my good keepers like Stanton, Jennings, Kennedy and Hosmer.

What would you do with this team?

BOXSCORE ROSTER

* denotes keeper

C N Hundley 2
    C Y Molina 14
    1B E Hosmer 10*
    2B B Zobrist 27
    3B C Headley 12
    SS A Ramirez 17
    MI B Phillips 29
    CI L Duda 11
    OF J Kubel 10
    OF C Hart 4*
    OF G Stanton 10*
    OF D Jennings 10*
    OF C Gonzalez 20*
    UT A Escobar 7

SP C Hamels 25*
    SP J Shields 12*
    SP I Kennedy 7*
    SP J Danks 8
    SP G Floyd 10
    SP C Sale 4
    RP M Adams 1
    CL J Hanrahan 1*
    CL J Motte 7*

Travis Hafner
    Mark Melancon
    Evan Meek
    Noel Fernando Salas
    Rick Porcello
    Allen Craig
    Felipe Paulino
    Jacob Turner (R)
    Garrett Richards (R)
    Wil Myers (R)

I would not do any trading for at least 30 days. You need to see how some of your guys pan out. I think you have a pretty nice team.

Comment

I agree. Your team looks pretty good to me.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Any other observations, suggestions?

Comment

Working...
        X