No announcement yet.

Auction last night and here's my team!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auction last night and here's my team!

12 team AL only Roto 5x5 w/obp $260 keeper

I had 15 keepers and $90 to spend on 8 guys

Auction was last night and owners were spending big bucks on the CI guys with a record for $40+ guys, Kinsler $40, Pujols $45, Miggy $47, Fielder $48 and Ellsubry $46 with A-gon at $39 just missing.

Other notables: Gardner $35, A.Reed $23, Cruz $35, Tex $35, Kendrick $27, Kuroda $24, Crawford $28, Romero $30, Rivera $26, ARod $28, Dunn $24, Broxton $16, Beltre $30, King Felix $38, Napoli $28,

I waited on the CI guys and let the owners with money spend their butts off and i jumped in at the end of the bidding and got one of the best buys of the draft in Konerko. Dunn was taken after him and so was Beltre and A-rod.

I didn't go over pay for one dementional base stealers which is why I went for a 5 cat guy in Choo who is great in an OBP league. you can see Gardner went for way too much as did the others. I have a number of guys that can get me steals, just not that 40+ guy, though Weeks could surprise.

I thought mid tier starters were going for too much with Danks, Kuroda and Floyd hitting over $20 and top tier guys like Haren, Lester and Hernandez going for $35+. I took some risk there and felt I got some good value in Vargas and some low risk/good possible reward in Smyly, Noesi, Carreno and Williams. Took Pettitte with the 1st pick in reserve draft. Combined Aceves/Melancon for $16 since I had to keep Bailey (he had been extended). Also got H.Santiago in the reserve as i guess no one else was looking. Got some nice minor league keepers.

*= keeper

C Wieters $6 *
    C Perez $5 (DL)
    1B Hosmer $10 *
    2B Pedroia $31 *
    SS Y.Escobar $11 *
    3B Longoria $20 *
    MI Weeks $10 *
    CI Konerko $19
    OF Choo $25
    Of Zobrist $6 *
    Of Dirks $1 *
    Of Gentry $1 *
    Of Riemold $10 *
    DH Hughes $2

SP Shields $21 *
    SP Holland $11 *
    SP Wilson $12 *
    SP Gomez $2 *
    SP Vargas $10
    SP Smyly $1
    RP Aceves $9
    RP Melancon $6
    CL Bailey $11 (DL and kept him because would have cost a $10 salary penalty becuase he had been extended)

Reserves, Pettitte $5, Noesi $1, H.Santiago $5, Downs $2, Strop $2, Carreno $2, J.Williams $2, Borbon $2
    Minors: Profar *, Machado *, Paxton, G.Richards, Catricala, Bundy,

Overall, I'm pretty happy. (one owner had $40 left)
    What do you guys see as weaknesses I need to focus on and how do you honestly think I did.

Thanks for all your help

Love the buys you made at the auction. I think you really used your remaining dollars well. The only thing I don't like is the Red Sox pen situation. As a Sox fan I'm very scared with either of those guys filling in while Bailey is out. Great job with your reserve picks and you've got top notch AL only prospects. I'm sure you'll have a top team this season.

Comment

Yeh, looks like I messed up on that one, though I'm hoping they wont pull the plug on them right away. I think Bos may give it another week and see how they do and also see what happens with Bard in his start. Their starting pitching isn't look all the great either. I hate chasing saves, especially in our league.

Comment

Wow, someone ended up leaving $40 on the table?!?! Holy cow. I love the Choo buy -- nice job. Konerko is also a great buy at that price. I really don't like spending $10 on Vargas, but I love Noesi in the reserve round for $1. Could pay huge dividends. Your pitching gets very thin very quickly, so I think it's something to watch. Overall, it's a very strong team.

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
          Wow, someone ended up leaving $40 on the table?!?! Holy cow. I love the Choo buy -- nice job. Konerko is also a great buy at that price. I really don't like spending $10 on Vargas, but I love Noesi in the reserve round for $1. Could pay huge dividends. Your pitching gets very thin very quickly, so I think it's something to watch. Overall, it's a very strong team.
          Yeh, pitching could be an issue, I know it is after the first week, I'm getting killed there thanks to to 2 headed save monster in Bos and my Shields nice first game.

I would only pay top dollar in the draft for an ace and I didn't have the money to that. I did not want to over pay on guys like Kuroda, Danks, Floyd who all went over $20. Vargas is ok and should do ok in e.r.a./whip with 100+ K's. I need to hope that Pettitte comes back strong and gets into the Yankees rotation in a month to get me some wins.

Comment

Getting Santiago in the reserves could be a real coup. You'll likely need him, given the mess that Boston's bullpen has created in merely three games. Nice cover of Gentry with Borbon.

IMO, you have a stud hitting team and a decent enough pitching squad. Barring a really bad run of injuries, you should be a top team with a real fighting chance for first place.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Yep, Santiago could help save me from having to trade for a closer. Looks like Bos is going to stay with Aceves for now. Hopefully he gets this worked out, then with Santiago, I might actually do ok in saves and can worry about starting pitching. Wilson did great for me today, holding my breath on Noesi tonight in Tex, but he gets Oak on Sun

Comment

Working...
              X