chumpy NL options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chumpy NL options

very deep league, mostly picked over by this point in the reserve draft... which of these, if any, might end up being useful?

Matt Diaz
    Greg Dobbs
    Austin Kearns
    Steve Lombardozzi
    Brett Carroll
    Joe Mather
    Willie Harris
    Matt Hague
    Matt Carpenter
    Erik Komatsu
    Jerry Hairston Jr.
    Andy Parrino

actually strike Hague from that list, I just took him. Any opinions about the remaining guys? My inclinations are to go with the young guys (Carpenter, Komatsu, Lombardozzi) because maybe they have some upside, but that seems like I might be ignoring someone relevant.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Lombardozzi will definitely find PT. I'd rank him the highest.

Hague is only up for the short term unless he really tears it up.

Komatsu is a rule 5 guy so he'll stay on the roster, but probably won't do much other than defensive replacement, occasional PH/PR.

Hairston is probably the next best bet after Lombardozzi.

The Marlins do like Kearns so he'll get PT but I'm not convinced he's any good anymore.

Is Nieuwenheis available? The Mets will probably call him up to replace Torres.

Comment

unfortunately Captain Kirk went a couple picks ago. I'll take Lombardozzi if he gets to me. After that I've traded my next pick and then I will probably just start taking minor league prospects.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
      X