Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Cubs

Aaahhhhhh.............that is all.

I know that this year is going to be bad, but they didn't have to remind me on opening day just how bad its really going to be...

Comment

I know it is going to be bad. This one was just so heartbreaking.

I do not know if I am strong enough to watch much of them this year.

I mean really how many of the current players will be here in two years? Maybe I should just wait until next year when we have some youngsters to watch grow?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        I know it is going to be bad. This one was just so heartbreaking.

I do not know if I am strong enough to watch much of them this year.

I mean really how many of the current players will be here in two years? Maybe I should just wait until next year when we have some youngsters to watch grow?
        That's my plan.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          At least once Rizzo and Jackson get called up, there will be some reason to watch. Until then...not so much.

Comment

On the positive side for the Cubs, at least the franchise is actually trying to build for the future now. It will be ugly for a year or two, but the franchise is heading in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
              On the positive side for the Cubs, at least the franchise is actually trying to build for the future now. It will be ugly for a year or two, but the franchise is heading in the right direction.
              Exactly. Trust Theo. Good days are ahead for the Wrigley faithful.

Comment

The Iowa Cubs may have more talent than the Chicago Cubs at this point.

Comment

I still can't fathom how Hendry was able to keep his job for so long. He did so little right.
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                    Exactly. Trust Theo. Good days are ahead for the Wrigley faithful.
                    I am...but this year we have mostly all filler while we wait for the rebuilding process to actually begin. It is not like we have a bunch of youngsters that we can watch grow and come together as a team. We are pretty much watching dead men walking.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                      I still can't fathom how Hendry was able to keep his job for so long. He did so little right.
                      Two years ago, I was one of the chaperones of a group of underprivileged inner city youth. Ryan Dempster had personally bought tickets for our group (he does this frequently for various groups in Chicago). None of the money for the tickets comes from the Cubs; Dempster 100% funds it. We get let in before the gates open to the public and get close to the field. Dempster is there and talks to the kids. Hendry shows up when the Cubs PR cameraperson shows up (as I was wondering, Cubs get free PR even though they didn't fund this?), gets his photo taken with our group, says "I'll be right back" to the kids. Ryan Dempster autographs and pic with every kid, stays longer than anyone expected, takes Q and A and our guys weren't shy, and even stays longer to talk pitching with the one kid who loves baseball and pitches for his high school. I hate the Cubs, but am now a huge Ryan Dempster fan. Hendry never returns (not that the kids care, as they were only excited about players in uniform anyway, but still, this is a group who is used to broken promises by adult males in their lives).

Comment

So I decide to cut the grass instead of watching the Cubs.

I come in and take a peek, they are leading 4-2. Wood gets two out, then gives up the HR. Allows another base runner. Bring in Marmol, now 6-4 in the 8th.

Marmol just allowed a walk and now the bases are loaded.

Why don't I just change the station?

Comment

With both Marmol and Wood looking like crap, is there another viable closer candidate on that roster or in their minors?

Comment

Rafael Dolis is #3 reliever. He throws in the mid 90's is 24 years old. Not much experience.

Comment

At least the cameramen in today's game were always cutting to the cuties in the stands.

Comment

Working...
                              X