Lidge vs. Perlata in the chase for short term saves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lidge vs. Perlata in the chase for short term saves

While Lidge has competion for saves it appears that Peralta is the clear cut guy in Tampa. Plus it sounds like Storen will back sooner rather than later. That said, Maddon is a bullpen wizard and I believe he'll play matchups out of the gate. I also believe Gonzalez will give the first save chance to Lidge in Washington. What does everyone else think? Easy drop of Lidge for Peralta? Hold on Lidge? Flip a coin?

one vote for Peralta.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

hmm. after looking at the schedules for the first 2-3 weeks of the season I must say that it appears that the Nationals will likely have more save chances. That combined with the uncertainty of Farnsworth's injury has me leaning towards Lidge. Though I was leaning Peralta an hour ago. Surprised more people don't have an opinion on this. Haven't received a single answer on twitter.

do you care to give a reason cardboardbox?

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
        one vote for Peralta.
        Seconded. I don't think Lidge has anything left in the tank, personally (his velocity and stuff last year looked pedestrian at best). Combine that with Peralta seeming to have the role all to himself while Lidge has better competition (Clippard), and also the fact that Storen could be closer to coming back, and I'm going with Peralta all the way.*

*This very likely means Lidge will have thirty saves by the All Star break.

Comment

Another (hopeful) vote for Peralta.....................................says the guy who owns him cheap in an AL only keeper league.
          Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

I'd go with Peralta, too. I have a bad feeling about Farnsworth - even in his ugly days, he'd take the ball without complaining unless he was really hurt. If he's complaining about his elbow, I'm inclined to believe that it'll be bad.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I'd take Peralta. Better park and better team. Also much more likely to be a long term thing

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                I'd take Peralta. Better park and better team. Also much more likely to be a long term thing
                very much agree that the long term potential is much greater with Peralta. though i think Lidge might be the better RP for the next ten-ish days, Peralta doesn't have the same competition and could hole the role for much longer.

i'm dropping Lidge for Peralta. Thanks for the feedback everyone; it's much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                X