and now Kyle Farnsworth....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and now Kyle Farnsworth....

#Rays Farnsworth experiencing soreness in his right elbow. Team will know more about his status in a day or two. Opening Day could be iffy.
    Go to hell closers, all of you!

Any idea who would be in line for saves behind Farnsworth? I don't see a clear pecking order in that pen, so any intel would be appreciated.

Comment

Peralta unless matchup called for LHP where McGee or Howell was the better call. Peralta can handle both LHP & RHP well

Comment

When is Rodney coming back and any shot?

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
          When is Rodney coming back and any shot?
          Peralta would have to fail/get injured before Farns comes back, Howell will have to struggle, and all before McGee is ready.

In a deep mixed or AL only I'd click 'watch' but that's it.

Comment

Linky

Expect Joel Peralta, Fernando Rodney and J.P. Howell to receive opportunities to close games. You might see Wade Davis eventually slide back there if Farnsworth's injury turns out to be more than a little issue and Davis adjusts to his new role in the bullpen.

"You know how Maddon is, he goes on matchups," Peralta said. "It doesn't mean you're going to throw the ninth inning every night. . . . I'm assuming I'm probably going to get a chance, so I'm going to be ready for that."

Comment

Last year's saves were Farnsworth 25, Peralta 6, Howell 1, with no injury to Farnsy. So there would have been some splitting up regardless, and now there will be even more.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                Go to hell closers, all of you!
                They don't go to hell, just Los Angeles or Birmingham.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                  Last year's saves were Farnsworth 25, Peralta 6, Howell 1, with no injury to Farnsy. So there would have been some splitting up regardless, and now there will be even more.
                  I believe that Farnsworth did miss some time late last season and that is when Peralta picked up most of his saves.

Comment

Maddon said they'll go closer by committee until Farnsworth returns (4-6 weeks), unless someone steps up

Comment

Wade Davis enters in the eighth inning in a one run game, dude is getting higher leverage opportunities. Pitching great from the pen too...

Comment

Davis has been sweet

Comment

Working...
                        X