most surprising kept players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• most surprising kept players

We had a baby a week ago and I had one auction yesterday and I have one today. So I am exhausted and completely unprepared for today's and am just getting to look at the keeper lists now. There are some rather surprising ones and I'd be amused to see what other people saw in their leagues.

This is from an 11-team NL-only, 1 catcher, 10 pitchers. The league has existed for 20+ years so nobody is a newbie.

Ryan Hanigan $1
    Brad Lidge $7 (admittedly after Storen news, but is he really going to be out that long, and Lidge is sharing the role)
    Kerry Wood $2
    David Ross $1
    Darwin Barney $1, Justin Turner $2, Brandon Crawford $5 (one team has its entire middle infield at $8, I guess)
    Santiago Casilla $5
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

I am hoping that the team with the middle infield comes out firing and grabs Votto and another player immediately for over $100 total. Or else they eventually will pay $29 for Bryan LaHair

Comment

He has an interesting day ahead of him. His full keeper list:

Ross
      Ike Davis $10
      Turner
      Barney
      Crawford
      Pedro Alvarez $15 (the dangers of extending a guy one too many years)
      Andres Torres $1
      Will Venable $15 (see Alvarez, although this isn't quite as terrible)
      Hunter Pence $21

Casilla
      Dillon Gee $5
      Kenley Jansen $6
      Mike Leake $5
      Bobby Parnell $1
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
      X