Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat Frankie hurting

from TMR

Uh-oh. Guessing Rauch or Parnell (good spring!) would close. RT @NYPost_Mets Frank Francisco headed for MRI on barking left knee.

Do yourselves a favor and avoid Mets this year.

Comment

Good thing the Mets have a top notch training staff to fix him up.

Comment

Isn't this the guy that threw a chair at a fan a few years back?

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          Isn't this the guy that threw a chair at a fan a few years back?

J
          Yes.

I thought the bullpen would be one of the few aspects of the Mets that DIDN'T stink, but even that may be too optimistic.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

so - is it worth waiving Romo for one of them and which one? - a save is a save - even bad teams have saves

Brian Harvey 45 saves in 64 wins for the Marlins

Comment

of course i have frank fran on 2 different rosters. i like parnell (yes, great spring, and a young arm under team control) if frank (who appears fine...somehow) goes on the DL, but i'm not touching rauch. someone else can enjoy the dirty fuentes impersonation he'll provide.

Comment

Parnell is most definitely not 1st in line for vulture saves. Hell he's not even 2nd in line.

Comment

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
                  Parnell is most definitely not 1st in line for vulture saves. Hell he's not even 2nd in line.
                  What makes you say that? I don't necessarily disagree, but what's the basis for your claim?

Comment

rauch clearly has the experience closing games, but after his terrible spring and parnell's excellent spring, i think they'd give parnell a shot. well i think it would be wise to give parnell a shot. it's the mets though, so they'll probably go to rauch and than trade for fuentes, if frank goes down.

Comment

Originally posted by phin View Post
                      rauch clearly has the experience closing games, but after his terrible spring and parnell's excellent spring, i think they'd give parnell a shot. well i think it would be wise to give parnell a shot. it's the mets though, so they'll probably go to rauch and than trade for fuentes, if frank goes down.
                      They could also go with Ramon Ramirez, who is probably actually the best pitcher of the bunch. That would make too much sense, however.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                        They could also go with Ramon Ramirez, who is probably actually the best pitcher of the bunch. That would make too much sense, however.
                        He's been pretty awful this spring too, everything I've read says Parnell's the only one who has looked remotely decent. My only concern with Parnell is the Mets like him too much as a middle relief guy, which philisophically I agree with, but it's strange to see that actually being executed in the majors. We'll see how these guys do this month. I'm rolling with Parnell regardless (dropped Rauch) and will re-evaluate later in April. Fat Frank should be back soon, but we'veall heard that before only to see him go back down 10 days later.

Comment

I wouldn't be too concerned with the spring numbers of a veteran with a track record of performance like Ramirez.

Comment

Rauch just pitched the 8th with a 1-run lead. Let's see if it's Parnell or Ramirez next.

ETA: Never mind, Ramirez came on in the 6th. So Parnell to close?
                            Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Uh no Fat Frankie. LoL do some research my man.

Comment

Working...
                              X