My NL Disaster part II.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My NL Disaster part II.

Just to give a litte comfort to GITH. Here is how my NL draft went.

I don't like to make excuses, but I did leave my laptop at home, and I was bit on the hand by Hammer's dog and was quite shaken all day.

10 TEAM NL ONLY 5X5 (OBP, TB AND K/9) instead of AVG, HR, AND K'S.

C Soto (20)
    C Thole (3)
    1B Morse (6) (keeper)
    3b Zimmerman (25) (keeper)
    CI Berkman (17) (keeper)
    2B Walker (10) (keeper)
    SS Janish (1)
    MI Espinoza (6) (keeper)
    OF Cuddyer (29)
    OF Pence (44)
    OF Aoki (1)
    OF Ainkiel (1)
    OF Campana (1)
    U J. Hairston (1)

P. Strausberg (7) (keeper)
    P. Axford (13) (keeper)
    p. Bumgarner (14) (keeper)
    p. Papelbon (28)
    P. Gio Gonzale (25)
    p. Nolasco (3)
    p. E. Jax (2)
    P. Volstad (1)
    P. Medlin (1)

RES
    1. Byrce Harper (20)
    2. Brett Jackson (1)
    3. Chris Nelson (1)
    4. M. Estrada (1)

Had a decent keeper list going in, but really butchered the draft. My outfield is brutal and have no SS. I couldn't believe how hard it was for me to get a $1 SS. I even got outbid for Bloomquist. Harper will help when he comes up, but still have too many holes. Brett Jax will also help, but not sure when and if he gets call up this year.

Is there any hope?

Did you leave money on the table? If yes, then why is that your outfield and SS?

Hammers dog bit me would be a good name for your team

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
      Did you leave money on the table? If yes, then why is that your outfield and SS?

Hammers dog bit me would be a good name for your team
      Didn't leave any money. Heck if I had an extra dollar I would have been able to outbid others on Barmes, Gonzalez and Bloomquist.

I like the idea of changing the name. I may consider it. Thx

Comment

Sue Hammer and get some of your money back.

Comment

I do like the Ejax for $2 and Medlen for $1

Comment

love that dog.

I thought you shouldve laid off paying 20 for Bryce Harper when you clearly needed the money for other things. I also thought you shouldve aimed lower on closers rather than spending 28 on Paps. In comparison, Marshall went for 15 and Betancourt 20.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              love that dog.

I thought you shouldve laid off paying 20 for Bryce Harper when you clearly needed the money for other things. I also thought you shouldve aimed lower on closers rather than spending 28 on Paps. In comparison, Marshall went for 15 and Betancourt 20.
              wait a minute - you paid $20 for Bryce Harper - yes,you had a bad draft

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                wait a minute - you paid $20 for Bryce Harper - yes,you had a bad draft
                Yes, but outside of C. Hart and Melky he was the last decent player left. Plus there was crazy inflation. McCann went for $43 and Maybin for $36.

Comment

Working...
                X