a.l. only HDID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a.l. only HDID

Same auction as Wombat http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...-did-terrible), I had to leave early...

c v.martinez 7
    c shoppach 1
    1b fielder 43
    3b valencia 11
    co teixeira 39
    2b keppinger 1
    ss hardy 16
    mi punto 1
    of jennings 7
    of gardner 19
    of crisp 17
    of s.smith 7
    of c.wells 1
    dh ortiz 20

p fister 6
    p morrow 12
    p floyd 18
    p niemann 13
    p romero 17
    p smyly
    p de los santos 1
    p uehara 1
    p j.peralta 1

Note there was 21 firstbasemen available for this auction (hosmer was the only 1b protected).

Being on a deadline, I had to purchase. Watching poo-holes and cabrera go for 50 and upper 40's , I was thinking the prince and tex prices are decent but I entered auction wanting smoak and butler (I could have protected butler at $21, he went for $28).

Martinez was first nomination at $6, I went $7. I am dumb. Sigh. Trade piece if I am in the running, $12 catcher for 2013 if I am not.

Purchased floyd, romero and niemann. Pitching prices were odd. Watching some other mid tier starters purchased later than niemann but going in the same ballpark made me want to cry (masterson 12, danks 18, jimenez 14, santana 11, peavy 8, kuroda 8).

I do not have a closer, which is unfortunate.

What do you think?

Given your circumstance, I thought you did well. As you said the pitching prices were screwy hate my staff. I was surprised when someone threw out V-Mart for $6 and even more surprised you went to $7. No closer is not the end of the world, just have to troll the wire for something, otherwise I think there are 1 or 2 teams with 3 each.

Comment

I'll try to write more later (leaving for a draft), but it looks like a good squad to me. I wanted Jennings and Seth Smith, but couldn't afford them.

Comment

Very little power, lots of speed. You will probably need to flip Crisp/Jennings/Gardner for a bat. Nice pitching staff, save for the lack of saves (no pun inten--is that even a pun?). You got good value there.

Sell high on Crisp if he gets off to a good start.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I agree with virgonomic, except I would hold onto Jennings like grim death. Trade Crisp if you can. For something really good, trade Gardner. Keep Jennings and enjoy as he becomes an elite player.

Comment

Working...
          X