Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh..the Horror!!! My NL Only distater--Is it really as bad I think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh..the Horror!!! My NL Only distater--Is it really as bad I think?

10 team Nl Only 5x5, B Avg. With Collette and mjl. Some savvy owners, I'm not one of em.

First I didn't study at all. Had no draft prep tools (too broke) No time to studay because I'm working 3 jobs. I got off work at 3 am and had 3 drafts almost at the same time (couldn't be avoidied without dropping a league.) So starting at 10 am I am doing a mixed snake draft at 11 am starts the NL only auction with JC and mjl, then at 12 another online auction. STOOPID! Oh and I also had to leave after 3 reserve picks to go to work.

So the following is what I ended up with: went into the draft wit the most money, but the most to get wanted 3 big spends and got them. I think my Offense is weak, but mt pitching studly--projections place me 3rd right now, but that's got to be a mirage. * denotes keeper

Ca: Ruiz $9
    Ca: Thole $4
    1b: Wiggington $3
    3b: Chipper $1
    Ci: P Alvarez $4
    2b: Ryan Roberts $5*
    Ss: Hanley $50
    Mi: Bloomquist $1
    Of: Morrison $1*
    Of: Venable $5*
    Of: Bourne $31
    Of: Melky $24
    Of: Quentin $14
    Ut: LeHair $15 (had $30 at the end of the draft just split it between my last 2 guys)

P1: Cain $34
    P2: Strasberg $4*
    P3: Hanson $12* Extended 2 years.
    P4: Cueto $4*
    P5: Worley $5*
    P6: Chapman $14 (one of the last 2)
    P7: Cashner $5*
    P8: F Fransisco $9
    P9: Kimbrel $5*

I got Denorfia and Bass in my first 2 res. picks and had the following as reserve rookie keepers:

Casey Kelly. Joe Ross. A Rizzo. T Bauer. G Cole. C Martinez. Jungmann

So i believe I have pitching to deal for Offense at both the ML and minor league level and one of Rizzo or LeHair (maybe both?) might help, but I need to replace Chipper and Quentin (though Denorfia should do that till Carlos gets back) I still have 6 reserve picksto make so i should be able to find a warm body or two or else I'll just load up on the rookies.

So, is it as bad as I think or is there a bit of hope?

Thanks for the comments-- In advance!

Doig
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I dunno... it's kind of scary that the auction went as questionably as it did for you and your team is still decent. You had a very good keeper list.

That said, once you had Hanley and Bourn, I think you might have been better off getting a power hitter instead of Melky. Fortunately I may be able to help with that
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I spent 82% of my budget on hitting and ended up with Zambrano and Burnett. Everyone had a better draft than I did

too much AL on the brain

Comment

compare:

Nick Hundley $6*
        Miguel Montero $21
        Joey Votto $16*
        Brandon Phillips $29*
        Rafael Furcal $5*
        David Wright $36
        Chris Nelson $3
        Todd Helton $8*
        Michael Cuddyer $32
        Justin Upton $22*
        Carlos Lee $24*
        Chris Heisey $10*
        Juan Pierre $1
        Todd Frazier $1
        Bud Norris $2*
        Randy Wolf $1
        Carlos Zambrano $2
        A.J. Burnett $2
        R.A. Dickey $2
        Mark Buehrle $6
        Jair Jurrjens $5*
        Juan Nicasio $8*
        Rafael Betancourt $18*

reserves: Tim Wheeler, David Carpenter, Chris Volstad, EY Jr, Adam Kennedy, Laynce Nix, Oscar Taveras, Rymer Liriano, Mark Rzepczynski, Lance Lynn, Phillippe Aumont, Matt Purke, John Baker, Brandon Wood, Gary Brown, Taylor Green, Antonio Bastardo

Comment

pasting mine in from the other thread:

C: Molina $10 (keeper), Soto $14
          1B: G. Sanchez $12 (keeper)
          2B: Weeks $24 (keeper)
          SS: Scutaro $13
          3B: A. Ramirez $24 (keeper)
          CI: LaRoche $6 (keeper)
          MI: Cozart $0 (ML keeper)
          OF: Craig $10 (keeper), Presley $9 (keeper), Hart $24, Kubel $21, Schierholtz $1
          UT: Bernadina $1

bench: Ankiel, DeRosa, some other guys I can't think of

P: Clippard $10 (keeper), Nolasco $15 (keeper with really expensive to break LTC), Venters $5, Halladay $37, Street $12, Stauffer $6, Bedard $2, McDonald $1, Henry Rodriguez $2
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
            compare:

Nick Hundley $6*
            Miguel Montero $21
            Joey Votto $16*
            Brandon Phillips $29*
            Rafael Furcal $5*
            David Wright $36
            Chris Nelson $3
            Todd Helton $8*
            Michael Cuddyer $32
            Justin Upton $22*
            Carlos Lee $24*
            Chris Heisey $10*
            Juan Pierre $1
            Todd Frazier $1
            Bud Norris $2*
            Randy Wolf $1
            Carlos Zambrano $2
            A.J. Burnett $2
            R.A. Dickey $2
            Mark Buehrle $6
            Jair Jurrjens $5*
            Juan Nicasio $8*
            Rafael Betancourt $18*

reserves: Tim Wheeler, David Carpenter, Chris Volstad, EY Jr, Adam Kennedy, Laynce Nix, Oscar Taveras, Rymer Liriano, Mark Rzepczynski, Lance Lynn, Phillippe Aumont, Matt Purke, John Baker, Brandon Wood, Gary Brown, Taylor Green, Antonio Bastardo
            You and GITH are made for one another. Let the negotiations begin!!
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
              Ut: LeHair $15 (had $30 at the end of the draft just split it between my last 2 guys)
              I'm an AL guy so I can't comment too much on your team, however, you're better off getting your last 2 guys for $5 (or whatever) and leaving money on the table than inflating their prices to $15 and being assured that they won't be keepers or trade bait.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Strong pitching staff. Good enough that you might just want to focus on a couple offensive categories. Speed, and ... well, at least you have speed. I might flip Venable or Roberts for a slugger (I think you'd still have enough speed) and try to salvage some AVG points.

Comment

I don't think your team is that bad. You need some work on offense, but if you can make a few good trades, and have some luck on the waiver wire you can manage. I think you have a solid pitching staff, and you have a lot of speed. You need Chipper and Quentin to give some production when they come back, and I am probably one of the few that believe Melky's 2011 was not a fluke. He is going to put up similar numbers IMO.

Bloomquist is a problem, but don't feel bad. The only SS I got in my 10 team NL only yesterday was Janish. I would love to have Bloomquist. LOL

Comment

Gwynn- team is solid and yes you can afford to trade a SP for offense.

Hanley 50? wow.

BTW 3 jobs? hardcore brother. Doing what ya gotta. I hear that and am praying your burden eases. Hang in there.
                    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I pushed him up to 50

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        Gwynn- team is solid and yes you can afford to trade a SP for offense.

Hanley 50? wow.

BTW 3 jobs? hardcore brother. Doing what ya gotta. I hear that and am praying your burden eases. Hang in there.
                        3 PT jobs, no one in Vegas likes to pay benefits so they never give you enough hours to qualify for FT. Venetian, Hard Rock and Rio right now. But hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do Hopefully the teams will get loaded onto the site so I can make some reserve picks and field a full roster before the season opens.

BTW

I got run up to 15 on both Chapman and LeHair, plus Jason milked me for Hanley. Bastard!
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I did pick up some fill ins, but it's the dregs--I think I'll wade through the first part of the season and then start dealing some arms, but in that league--they rob ya so maybe I'll stand pat who knows. Wish me luck!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                          X