Lohse
    Leake
    Freddy Garcia
    AJ Burnett
    Matt Harrison
    Javy Vazquez
    Carlos Zambrano
    Tommy Milone

these types of guys - there might be more AL guys I just dont know them as easily

Are there any potential standouts here? or similar pitchers

Billingsley probably has the most upside. He has been near-elite before. Needs to get a handle on the walks.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Stauffer, Floyd and Billingsley in that order.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        Stauffer, Floyd and Billingsley in that order.
        Stauffer's value goes up significantly if you have a large bench, so you can mostly start him at home.

2011 home/road:
        ERA: 2.57/4.95,
        HR: 6/14
        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Billinsgley - high risk/high reward
          Cahill - safe, seems many outlets think he's an excellent sleeper. Personally I don't get it.
          Stauffer - gold in daily leagues with deep benches, especially with IP limits. Just start him at home and at LA and SF
          Gavin Floyd - safe, usually look to take him after people start dialing up the Cahill's. More K's and has ratio upside
          Edwin Jackson - frustrating to own, but the end-game #'s are usually there. He's a plan B
          Lohse - pass
          Leake - too gopher prone, not enough K's
          Freddy Garcia - pass
          AJ Burnett - if I have a large DL, shallow DL and let someone else have him
          Matt Harrison - really like, he's just now coming into his own. Think he puts up similar #'s to Floyd, but with more W's in Texas.
          Javy Vazquez - isn't he retired?
          Carlos Zambrano - hell no
          Tommy Milone - similar to Stauffer, you just can't start him against Texas and LA

Comment

volquez on the waiver wire does that change things?

I have Floyd and Minor as my last 2 starters

could grab Billingsley - Cahill - Volquez - Stauffer - Jurrjens - instead

Comment

Vazquez certainly has the least risk and won't hurt your ratios. It is because he isn't going to play at all, so he won't help either, and you could just have a blank spot to do the same thing, but it would be much cooler to roster Vazquez.

I like Volquez, fwiw, and the first five on your list seem to be the best (Cahill, Billingsley, Stauffer, Floyd, Jackson). If Jurrjens is available, he isn't bad either---as long as he stays healthy. When he tries to pitch even the slightest bit hurt, he is a gas can.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                volquez on the waiver wire does that change things?

I have Floyd and Minor as my last 2 starters

could grab Billingsley - Cahill - Volquez - Stauffer - Jurrjens - instead
                I wouldn't drop Floyd or Minor for any of those guys. Floyd and Minor are actually why I don't have any of them, took them first/instead. Sale, Nicasio, Harrison, and Alvarez too. Bills, Volquez, Milone, and Stauffer are the ones I'd be watching closest among those not on your roster and that you have mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                X