Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much would you pay for these wounded NL stars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much would you pay for these wounded NL stars?

In an NL-only (12-team) keeper league where you can own players for 3-4 years, at what price point does it have to get to where you finally back off bidding on these guys in an auction (mine is tomorrow)? Length of expected DL time varies, of course.

Ryan Howard
    Chase Utley
    Chris Carpenter
    Chipper Jones
    Stephen Drew
    Carlos Quentin
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

I wouldn't go double-digits on any of them

Comment

Howard's the one I might try to sneak through. I guess it depends on your team and the flow of the auction, but it could be worth pairing him with a guy like Guzman...

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        I'd go to low double digits on Carpenter. He's dealt with this before, should be back by early to mid-May and is a proven $20 pitcher.

I'd also go to low double digits on Howard. An Achilles is higher risk, but he has huge upside.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Drew and Quentin longterm could be pay off as big bargains at $7 to $9, no?

Watch me come home with one of them tomorrow.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

I would avoid Utley, whose injuries are chronic and who will never be the same player again, and Chipper, who will be lucky to get in 100 games and has no keeper value.

I would go to about $12 on Howard and $9 on Carpenter. Both ought to be fine once they come back, the question is how much time they will miss.

I don't trust Drew or Quentin to stay healthy at all, even if they recover from their current injuries, so I wouldn't go more than $5 on either.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
              I would avoid Utley, whose injuries are chronic and who will never be the same player again, and Chipper, who will be lucky to get in 100 games and has no keeper value.

I would go to about $12 on Howard and $9 on Carpenter. Both ought to be fine once they come back, the question is how much time they will miss.

I don't trust Drew or Quentin to stay healthy at all, even if they recover from their current injuries, so I wouldn't go more than $5 on either.
              Agree 100% with all of this, although I think I'd stop at $6 on Carpenter.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                All of these went for double digits in my 12-team NL-only today. There are no bargains when it comes to keeper leagues unless the guy is out for the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  In an NL-only (12-team) keeper league where you can own players for 3-4 years, at what price point does it have to get to where you finally back off bidding on these guys in an auction (mine is tomorrow)? Length of expected DL time varies, of course.

Ryan Howard
                  Chase Utley
                  Chris Carpenter
                  Chipper Jones
                  Stephen Drew
                  Carlos Quentin
                  They all went for double digits in mine too and two went over $20. Pitching went cheap however.

Comment

Ryan Howard $18
                    Chase Utley $8
                    Chris Carpenter $5
                    Chipper Jones $1
                    Stephen Drew $12
                    Carlos Quentin $3

Howard and Drew should be fine for the second halves at least. The rest of em scare me because theyre either done or in Quentins case, will suck in their new environment.
                    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I paid $10 for Carpenter.

Comment

apparently I would pay 21 for howard and 14 for carpenter, although I'm pretty unhappy about that 14.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          apparently I would pay 21 for howard and 14 for carpenter, although I'm pretty unhappy about that 14.
                          But the 21 bucks will be cheap as hell next year when almost all other 1st basemen go for over 40...
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

just back from auction

Ryan Howard 19 (I nominated early)
                            Chase Utley 10 (ditto)
                            Chris Carpenter 8 (to Howard owner)
                            Chipper Jones14 (to Howard-Carpenter owner)
                            Stephen Drew 11 (I bid 10, fell short)
                            Carlos Quentin 12 (to the Howard-Carpenter-Chipper owner!)

75 units drained from the pool, that helped

"Anatomy" to come later tonite...

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

I can see bidding on Howard, Carpenter AND Quentin if you're playing for 2013, but Chipper makes no sense in that strategy, esp. at 14.
                              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                              X