Looking for keeper advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for keeper advice

I hate to do this since so many of my league mates are regular readers here, but here it goes...

15-18 teams (not quite set yet), mixed, standard 5x5 roto, $260 auction league, 10 keepers

List of candidates (some no doubt more worthy than others):

Mike Napoli $11
    Buster Posey $5
    Jason Kipnis $5
    Adrian Beltre $20
    Justin Upton $20
    Jacoby Ellsbury $15
    Jose Tabata $5
    Matt Garza $15
    Johnny Cueto $13
    Colby Lewis $10
    Ervin Santana $10
    Bud Norris $8
    Juan Nicasio $5
    Michael Pineda $5

I have an idea of the first 6-7 guys, but I keep going back and forth on the last few. Any thoughts or opinions would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Thanks a lot for the response.

I too have this feeling about Nicasio, and would love to keep him, but I just can't see myself throwing Pineda back. You are right he'd have to be kept as a major leaguer, but he was such a key part to a midseason trade last year that I almost feel I have to keep him. Also, I guess I didn't mention it and perhaps should have, but I basically have control of him an extra year (until 2014 at 5 bucks) since he came off the previous owners' minor leagues last year.

The way I see it...if I keep Nicasio I can choose one of Garza, Cueto, Lewis, or Santana. If I don't keep him, I can keep two of those four guys. I keep going in circles it seems between the options...I guess it's a good problem to have and our late auction this year might allow me to see their first starts before deciding on my final list.

Thanks again for the input, I really do value the opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      In a nutshell, I like your pitchers (outside of Pineda, who I bet you'd have to keep as a major leaguer) about the same.
      Agree with elD here, but I'd keep Garza, Nicasio and Pineda. Can't throw Pineda back with your ability to keep him cheap for an extended period.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
      X