NL-only trade -- Ramos for prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL-only trade -- Ramos for prospects

11-team NL-only 5x5 using OBP, only one catcher per team. Is Wilson Ramos all that valuable? I can trade a $1 Ramos (second year of contract, option year is next year) for Nolan Arenado and Gerrit Cole (both $5, contracts don't start or count against salary cap until the year after they come up for good) and since I have no minor league keepers I am tempted to do that.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

addendum: this seems really good for me, but the other guy got a little overexcited trading for prospects last year and we can only keep 3, and he's keeping Harper, Shelby Miller, and Dom Brown. I'm happy to have him valuing Brown over the other two, that doesn't seem right to me. I don't think it occurred to him to shop these guys more and our freeze date is in two days.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I really don't like Cole as much as others (head) but I still do this.

Comment

would I rather have any of Donavan Tate, Jameson Taillon (at $10), or Stetson Allie?

Comment

I make that deal in a second.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Who would your C be?

Comment

I would make the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                Who would your C be?
                If I wanted to go with a $1 catcher again, probably Thole or Snyder or the guy in Houston or LA or Colorado, none of which I remember offhand.

Comment

I'd do it in a second, you can get almost as much production from Arenado if he is called up in June, and flip Cole for an expiring contract at the deadline.

Comment

He realized just as we were about to do the trade that he already had Molina at a decent price as his catcher, so we switched Ramos for JD Martinez at $10, which may or may not be a worse deal for me but even if it is I am still pretty happy about this.

Comment

I guess it depends. If your NL league is like mine all Astros have no keeper value after this season. If that is the case I would rather have Ramos and $9 more to spend

Comment

I like dealing Martinez more than dealing Ramos.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                          I like dealing Martinez more than dealing Ramos.
                          Yep, me too.

Comment

Working...
                          X