NL only 5x5. 280 cap with 10 teams of 25 players. Inflation 30-40%

I am now down to my last slot. Please rank:

Soriano 10B (2nd year)
    Volquez 4F (final year)
    Romo 1B
    Bogusevic 1B
    Mcgahee 3B
    Zambrano 1F

Would appreciate some help as I have flipped flopped over these guys a number of times.

Zambrano

Comment

Others mileage may vary, due to projected profit, but I'm a believer in locking up hitting at value or above value first, followed by SPs, followed by RPs. So I'd go:

Soriano 10B
      ~
      Zambrano 1F
      Volquez 4F
      ~
      Romo 1B
      McGahee 3B (well, since there's still significant risk he'll really suck)
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I honestly don't know what to make of Soriano but I don't think I'm a believer. I like Big Z and Volquez, and I like Romo. What kind of closer options do you have, and what will be available at auction?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          I honestly don't know what to make of Soriano but I don't think I'm a believer. I like Big Z and Volquez, and I like Romo. What kind of closer options do you have, and what will be available at auction?
          At the auction there will be 3-4 closers avialble: Wilson, Frank Francisco, Marshall (if a closer) and Pappelbaum. I currently have Hanrahan.

Comment

I think I'd go with Romo, as none of the others excite me and Romo is guaranteed to return value at $1 even if he doesn't record a single save.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              Well, with that logic in mind, isn't Zambrano guaranteed to return at least $1? And isn't his ceiling higher (at least for the time being)?
              No. I think there is significant risk that Zambrano will have a negative fantasy value, i.e., high ERA and WHIP. I think there is no such risk with respect to Romo.

Comment

I would keep Soriano at 10. 25 hr for 10 bucks is a good deal.

You may get Zambrano in the auction end game for a buck or two. He may pay off, but he may hurt you (as B-fly stated).

Comment

I made two trades which I am fine with. I gave up a minor league drfat choice next year for $4 Gamel. Thus armed with some more power I traded soriano for $1 Romo and a high minor league drfat choice this year. As a prior Wilson owner, I was very attuned to his various ailments and I like romo for potential saves and at a minimum Ks and ratio help. Another consideration is that I have Goldschmidt who gives me power, but the thought of two BA sumps in Goldie and Soriano was not too appealing. Thanks to everyone who shared their thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                  X