• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodger ownership situation resolved....2 BILLION DOLLARS later

Magic Johnson/Stan Kasten group closed the deal

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
    Now on the the Padres Ownership situation and then the Mets after that.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Hope they got the parking included for that price

Comment

Expect the Dodgers to lead the league in assists this year.
        "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
        "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by price View Post
          Hope they got the parking included for that price
          They did not...McCourt keeps the parking

Comment

I bet Magic is really excited to see the contracts he's inheriting for 2013. I hope we'll see some buyouts.

Comment

They did not...McCourt keeps the parking
              LOL, that's insane. LA fans, welcome to your $150 parking space
              "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

What free agent(s) will the Dodgers go after? Cole Hamels?

Comment

Originally posted by willthethrill View Post
                  What free agent(s) will the Dodgers go after? Cole Hamels?
                  Matt Cain? They also need to lock up that Kershaw guy, who I hear is pretty good. Here's the MLBTR list of possibilities:

MLBTR's up-to-date list of 2013 MLB free agents is below. These are players who are currently free agents. The player's …

Josh Hamilton? BJ Upton? Greinke probably wouldn't want any part of LA, right?

I guess it depends on how quickly they show Coletti the door, and how competent the person replacing him is.

Comment

I don't get it--why did it take so much to buy a franchise in such a mess? The last time I saw an estimate on such things, I think even the Yankees weren't valued at 2 billion. It is so far ahead of any price paid for any sports franchise ever, I'm just not understanding this price tag.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      I don't get it--why did it take so much to buy a franchise in such a mess? The last time I saw an estimate on such things, I think even the Yankees weren't valued at 2 billion. It is so far ahead of any price paid for any sports franchise ever, I'm just not understanding this price tag.
                      Their TV deal runs out after next season so they're set to make a TON of money off that. Plus, the land that Dodger Stadium sits on is worth a fortune by itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
                        LOL, that's insane. LA fans, welcome to your $150 parking space
                        Five years from now, McCourt buys the Mets with financing from the Dodgers parking concessions...
                        I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                        You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                        "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                        It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
                          Five years from now, McCourt buys the Mets with financing from the Dodgers parking concessions...
                          It'd be a step up from the Wilpons.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

:itchyscratchy:

Comment

In this article about the Dodgers sale (which raises some of the same questions I’m having about the price), Andrew Zimbalist says this about Frank McCourt: Amen, Mr. Zimbalist. A-men.

Comment

Working...
                              X