Trade Carlos Santana for Price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Carlos Santana for Price?

It's like asking Jason to choose between his kids!

This is a mixed H2H league, 7 hitting categories (add OBP and total bases) and 6 pitching categories (add holds).

This was an auto-draft league so I ended up with both Santana and Weiters. I offered them up for trade and in response I got an offer of Price for Santana.

Weiters would slide in at C, and be replaced with some combination of Ryan Roberts, Jhonny Peralta, Raul Ibanez, Jason Bay, John Mayberry, someone like that. (First 2 are my bench guys, next 3 are on the FA list) In other words, someone who is definitely a downgrade from Santana.

My top SPs are Matt Moore, Luebke, Hellickson, Derek Holland, and Scherzer. I could definitely benefit from having an ace, but since it's a shallowish mixed league I'm not too worried about starting pitchers. I have a ton of holds guys and I could win all the offensive categories, holds and compete in ratios most weeks.

Santana and Price are about even in a 5x5, with Price probably having the edge. But having Santana playing DH/1B all the time really helps with total bases, and just having a dependable catcher in the lineup when the league is weighted towards offense makes a big difference.

I haven't had much luck trading Weiters.... ideally I could trade him for a Freddie Freeman, Jayson Werth kind of bat, but so far no dice.

I think I'd hold Santana and continue to shop Wieters for a bat upgrade. As folks with lesser catchers start to realize it, the offers should get better.

Comment

You've got enough pitching to make that work

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
        I think I'd hold Santana and continue to shop Wieters for a bat upgrade. As folks with lesser catchers start to realize it, the offers should get better.
        I think that's the key. Teams will start getting a slump out of their catcher and see you with two and make you a better offer.
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
        X