No announcement yet.

The sad fall of Matt Bush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This isn't a case of a guy making one, two, or even three mistakes with alcohol. This is a multiple offender who has now put someone in a coma due to his moronic behavior AND has now put a teammate in legal trouble because in Florida, you are a culpable party if you loan your vehicle to someone who does this.

Bush is a piece of filth who I can't wait for the Rays to release

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      Nah, not yours. It's just the same ol' thing, though, every time we have a drunk driving (or similar) story in the Pen. Everyone immediately busts out the pitchforks and torches and it's not long before someone suggests that the offender should be put to death.
      Only if the guy he hit - and callously left to die - actually does die.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
        This statement is unfair to Josh Hamilton and the millions of other addicts, recovering and otherwise, who -even in their darkest days- did not run over an old man's head and leave the scene. It takes a special breed of person (and I use that term loosely) to have such apathy toward his fellow man, even while drunk. With Hamilton, we could always say that he was a good kid tormented by demons. With Bush, I think his inherent goodness is lacking to a point that sympathy is difficult to find.
        Josh Hamilton was a heroin addict. Having seen enough of what they can do, I have little doubt that he was more than capable of doing what Matt Bush did. Other addicts, maybe not. But remember, Hamilton's come to Jesus moment was when he was trying to rob his grandmother's house.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          Only if the guy he hit - and callously left to die - actually does die.
          See my post above.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
            But remember, Hamilton's come to Jesus moment was when he was trying to rob his grandmother's house.
            Exactly my point. Bush didn't have his "come to Jesus" moment when he was maiming an old man by DRIVING OVER HIS HEAD.

The writer sure makes Bush look apologetic sitting there in his cell after the fact, though.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
              Exactly my point. Bush didn't have his "come to Jesus" moment when he was maiming an old man by DRIVING OVER HIS HEAD.

The writer sure makes Bush look apologetic sitting there in his cell after the fact, though.
              Bush has been a douche since day one. he deserves everything he gets.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I'm not giving Bush a pass nor any excuses, but how do you know he was aware of what he he had done when he ran over Mr Trufano's head?
                "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                  See my post above.
                  Noted. If Hamilton does the same, falling off the wagon and he goes on a bender and assaults someone with a motor vehicle AND leaves them to die, I'll equally call for the death penalty for him, too.

BTW, good to have you back.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    Noted. If Hamilton does the same, falling off the wagon and he goes on a bender and assaults someone with a motor vehicle AND leaves them to die, I'll equally call for the death penalty for him, too.

BTW, good to have you back.
                    Thanks, good to be back. In the hypothetical Hamilton situation you note, my earlier post (#14) would apply equally. And it technically wouldn't be assault; assault requires intent. Hence the different laws for vehicular manslaughter or vehicular homicide. Those denote that the intent involves driving while intoxicate, those laws are not particularly regarding the method of killing---if someone intentionally runs someone down with a car, that's murder, not vehicular manslaughter.

Comment

Pogues and Cavebird both posting with some regularity on RJ... can squid be far behind!?!?!
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                        Pogues and Cavebird both posting with some regularity on RJ... can squid be far behind!?!?!
                        We're getting the band back together... Get Ike on here!!
                        I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                        You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                        "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                        It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Working...
                        X