Angels in the OF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
    How is Bourjous different from Reggie Willits? In fact, is he even as good as Willits? Ol' Reg somehow managed 518 PAs, a 293/391/344 line and 27 SBs in 2006.

I still think the Angels are going to have to sign a DH to add some offense (Vlad makes sense, though a lefty would be better) which would push Bourjous to the bench.

Of course, that could make him a better sleeper because any injury would make him a $3 guy who chips in 20+ steals.
    I don't think that Scosia would ever allow his team to be that bad defensively. Putting Abreu in left and Wells back in center makes their outfield defense almost as bad as it could be. I think the Angels will put out their best possible defense and hope the pitching is dominant.

Comment

How well does the Bourjos = Pettis comparison fit? His best season in the minors was at altitude, and Pettis would at least take a walk.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
        How well does the Bourjos = Pettis comparison fit? His best season in the minors was at altitude, and Pettis would at least take a walk.

J
        Who's Pettis???
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Who's Pettis???
          I think he's reaching into the Wayback Machine to compare Bourjos to Gary Pettis.
          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
            I think he's reaching into the Wayback Machine to compare Bourjos to Gary Pettis.
            Whoa! Even I barely remember Gary Pettis as a player....
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
            X