AL only minor leaguers help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL only minor leaguers help please

I traded for the number one overall minor league pick in my 10 AL only team league. I did so with the thought that Mike Trout would get sent down and I would then sang him with that pick. However since he was not sent down as of our roster protection day, Trout is not eligible to be taken. I have a number of guys who I like but no one that screams #1 to me. I'm looking for input on this guys and hoping to come up with a consensus #1 or at least pare down to 2-3. In addition I have 7 picks in this draft (#1, 4 10, 11, 12, 24, 30) It's a keeper league and most top guys are already kept. I already have 3 minor leaguers Mike Montgomery, Martin Perez and Kyle Gibson. Since I am already pitching heavy I want to would like to load up on hitters but not at the expense of missing a top Pitching prospect. Also I since Houston is moving to the AL next year their prospect are fair game. Since I have a guy in my league that lurks here I will not give my input.

Taijan Walker Sea
    Yoenis Cespedes Oak (only if he gets sent down)
    Dylan Bundy Bal
    Jarrod Parker Oak
    Danny Hultzen, Sea
    Travis D'Arnaud, Tor
    James Paxton, Sea
    Xander Bogaerts, BOS
    Bubba Starling KC
    Cheslor Cuthbert, KC
    Addison Reed CHI
    Francisco Lindor, Cle
    Jonathon Singleton, HOU
    Jake Marisnick, TOR

Obviously there are a ton of others and if you have a sleeper that would be cool too.

TIA
    Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
    Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

If you don't mind waiting for a few years, Bundy. If you want help now, Hultzen.

Comment

Jean Segura Ana 2B

Jurickson Profar Tex SS

Comment

Sounds like Parker, Hultzen, and obv Reed are most likely to help this year. D'Arnaud looks more likely for 2013, but I'm a little skeptical. If not taken, you might also think about Machado, Wil Myers, Leonys Martin, maybe Anthony Gose, Banuelos, Cobb, Turner. Profar seems a ways away still. What about Giavotella?

Comment

Segura, Profar, Machado, Wil Myers, Anthony Gose, Banuelos, Turner are all taken. Cobb and Giavotella no longer qualify as miner leaguers. Martin is a guy I like a little later in the draft. D'Arnuad is a guy I would love to slip to the 10th pick. not sure I would take him at #4.

MJ No mention of T. Walker of Seattle-is he third in the pecking order or further down? I kinda had him pegged for #1 with Hultzen as 1B. I like Bundy I just hate the Orioles recent track record with pitchers.

The first pick doesn't have to be an immediate contributor just the guy who may be the best roto guy in the end. Hey I don't ask for much

Thanks for the input guys

Comment

I could go either way on Walker. I see 2009 Edwin Jackson potential and every year since Edwin Jackson out of him

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
              I could go either way on Walker. I see 2009 Edwin Jackson potential and every year since Edwin Jackson out of him
              That scares the living hell out of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'd probably take D'arnaud. I could see an argument for taking Reed #1 to get help now, and then getting a longer-term stud with the #4 pick (one of Bundy, D'arnaud or Walker would probably be my choice). It depends how much you like Reed since he probably won't fall to 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Vecmizer View Post
                  The first pick doesn't have to be an immediate contributor just the guy who may be the best roto guy in the end. Hey I don't ask for much
                  I tend to stay away from pitchers and catchers so my top picks would be Starling, Bogaerts and Marisnick.

Comment

Originally posted by wombat104 View Post
                    I tend to stay away from pitchers and catchers so my top picks would be Starling, Bogaerts and Marisnick.
                    Marisnick is a very likely choice at 4. I would like Bogaerts to fall to my group of picks at 10-12.

Comment

I don't like taking pitchers in minor league drafts, but I think Reed and Parker are exceptions.

But, aren't they still up? How are they available and Trout unavailable? Just curious.

Reed and Parker could be big contributors this year, especially in an AL only league.

Is the third base kid in the Colorado system available? I think he'll be up this year in time to help a team. I'd grab him with one of my early picks. And great bunch of picks, by the way.

Comment

Trout was kept by someone on their active roster. Since he was not sent to the Minors by last Sunday the owner is able to keep him. I figure is going to make the big Club. Parker has been sent down and I think he gives the most immediate results since he figures to get a mid April Call up when Oakland needs a fifth starter. I currently need 4 Pitchers for me active roster so if my pitching isnt up too par Parker becomes even more attractive.

Comment

Here's how it went for me
                          1. Dylan Bundy
                          4. Danny Hultzen
                          10. Chesler Cuthbert
                          11. Jarrod Parker
                          12. George Springer
                          34. Travis D'Arnuad
                          40. Mikie Mahtook

Comment

Working...
                          X