keeper help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keeper help

NL only, 10 teams, $260 budget, standard 5x5 league. Each team can keep up to four guys.

I'm keeping McCutcheon $14, Braun $38 and Morse $9 (though Morse's lingering injury scares me).

Was gonna keep Utley $9 and then Madson $11, but obviously those guys aren't an option anymore.

So now I'm down to David Freese $8 and Drew Stubbs $10.

I'm leaning toward Freese. I like the combo of SB's and HR's that Stubbs provides but that low avg with all those AB's he gets is just a killer (if he could just hit .270...).

Anyway, interested in hearing any thoughts on this predicament.

Stubbs all the way. Freese to me is an empty type of player who doesnt provide any elite counting stats but can hit for average. At least stubbs gives you HR, STL and Runs -- and he would go for a lot more than 10 at auction, guaranteed. In fact, you can probably keep stubbs and then spend the same $8 to get Freese back at the draft.

Comment

I'd keep Stubbs but I don't think it's a slam dunk. I like Freese, I think he's closer to $20 than $10. But even if Stubbs goes .235-15-40sb I think that's more valuable than Freese. You can buy a slightly less exciting version of Freese to cover Stubbs' batting average.

Comment

Stubbs by a mile.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Stubbs by a mile.
          Agreed.
          Bearin' up!

Comment

Another vote for Stubbs, but not by a lot.

Comment

Thanks for all the opinions. I went with Stubbs.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                Stubbs and Mayberry are my two "fall off the cliff" guys for 2k12. Good luck. I probably would have kept Freese.
                My hope is that he starts off strong and then I can trade him for a pitcher before the avg goes into the toilet. We'll see...

Comment

Working...
                X