10-team NL hdid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10-team NL hdid

5x5 using OPS instead of BA, head to head, Yahoo default positions (eight position players + util, 2 SP/2 RP/3 P), 21 innings/wk minimum.

C: Hundley
    1B: Votto
    2B: Cuddyer (I guess it's 10 game minimum to qualify)
    3B: ARam
    SS: Scutaro
    OF: McCutchen, Bruce, Pagain
    UT: Alonso

SP: Luebke, Garcia
    RP: Hanrahan, Motte
    P: Marshall, Clippard, Gregerson

Bench: Jay, Paredes (didn't notice he got sent to minor league camp), DeJesus, Volquez, Minor

best available players: OHudson, Venable, Torres, Pastornicky, various Giants MIs
    - Mike
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Votto is gold here. The NL is very poor for 1B this year, and Votto is the exception. You have some offensive balance: 5 guys with 20 bombs, 4 with 90 RBI, But only Votto had 100 R or 90 BB, though McC had 89. Speed is a bit of a concern. SS is a bigger one. You need to improve on Scutaro, because he may have gotten old fast.

On the pitching side, you have to love the bullpen. SP needs work. I like Luebke, but as your #1, he leaves a lot to be desired. Garcia is not even a good #3. With your bullpen you can cobble a third SP up out of MR, if your appearance rules allow it.

Pick up Pastornicky. You need his possibilities.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
    X