Did I play it right? (hdid)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I play it right? (hdid)

13 teams, mixed roto league, 10 keepers. The catch is that as the "new guy" in the league, I was forced to start from scratch. This, as you might imagine, made it very difficult. So, did I play it right, or miss the mark? I admit right now I got very carried away on Hosmer, and I regretted it just about immediately. Since there are daily moves, I will be using my bench pitchers as regulars...anyway, thanks in advance!

C- Doumit(1), Donaldson(1)
    1B- Hosmer(37)
    2B- Pedroia(37)
    3B- Aramis Ram(17)
    SS- Bartlett(1)
    MI- Altuve(3)
    CI- Belt(2)
    OF- Bourn(33), Choo(22), Werth(22), Raburn(5), Viciedo(2)
    UT- Heisey(1), Ibanez(1)
    SP- Zimm(16), Romero(16), McCarthy(4), Alvarez(1), Volquez(1)
    RP- Street(12), Betancourt(12), Francisco(7), Myers(5), Clippard(1)
    BN- Allen Craig, Aceves, Colon, Adams, Capuano

For the new guy starting from scratch I think you did a nice job. You left no money on the table, got some good players, took some chances that could pay off. All in all I think a nice first effort.

Comment

Yeah, even though you overpaid for Hosmer, he will be an excellent chip to trade for a cheap keeper if/when the time comes.

Why did you have to start from scratch? Did they have no dispersal draft or expansion draft? That's pretty rough, having to come in with nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
        Why did you have to start from scratch? Did they have no dispersal draft or expansion draft? That's pretty rough, having to come in with nobody.
        Silly rule, but a great league, so I decided to eat it.

Comment

I know the conventional wisdom is to start rebuilding when you have to start from scratch. If you decide to go that way, I wouldn't wait too long...maybe the end of May. Find the keepers you really want and go for them. If you wait until late in the year (dump trading season), you may have to give up two studs for one keeper. If you move earlier, you might get a better ratio.

A guy in my league last year moved early and got Stanton, Jennings and Hosmer at cheap prices for Kemp, Haren and Holliday at full market value.

Oh yeah, I meant to say that I think your outfield and your starting pitching may surprise some people. They may be pretty salty.
          Last edited by ; 03-26-2012, 12:22 PM.

Comment

you didnt do bad and you can trade off Hosmer and Pedroia for the future when youre ready but this isnt a competetive team for this year.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I'm surprised that in a 13-team mixer that Ibanez and Bartlett were even draft-worthy. Work the waiver wire looking for upgrades.

Comment

Working...
              X