more surgery for Joba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more surgery for Joba

Dislocated ankle playing with his son. Sounds major!

Originally posted by wilbur wood View Post
    Dislocated ankle playing with his son. Sounds major!
    Yep, unfortunately. He's out for the season, and Cashman is "hoping" that it's not a career-ender. But Joba's Yankee career is likely over, since he's arbitration eligible and will likely get non-tendered.

Comment

I know he was probably viewed at behind Hughes and Kennedy in the Yankees' system, but his MLB career was so promising in that first year and he was so generally likable as a baseball personality that it's been painful to watch him stall, regress, and now get snakebit by injuries. And it sounds like this one can be attributed to stupidity. He's a bit large to be bouncing on a trampoline, particularly when his body is his livelihood.

Comment

B-Fly, you willingly commute into NYC on a regular basis. I am of the opinion that you're incurring much more risk on a daily basis than Joba.
        "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
        "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
          B-Fly, you willingly commute into NYC on a regular basis. I am of the opinion that you're incurring much more risk on a daily basis than Joba.
          I need to commute to perform my job. Joba doesn't need to take his 250 lb ass onto his kid's trampoline.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
            I need to commute to perform my job.
            Really? Come on. You don't actually do anything, do you?
            "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
            "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
              I need to commute to perform my job. Joba doesn't need to take his 250 lb ass onto his kid's trampoline.
              Not to mention the other 200 lbs of him...

Seriously, I feel really sorry for the guy. Being a good dad, playing with his kid, and he busts his ankle. Heck, I even have sympathy for a Yankee in that case.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Maybe if he watched Funniest Home Videos he would know no good thing ever comes from a trampoline. Oh sure they make the show but they don't even win the money.

Comment

wow:

"Joba Chamberlain lost so much blood Thursday when he hurt his ankle while playing with his son that there initially was concern for his life, a Yankees' source said."
                  Deadspin | Joba Chamberlain Nearly Bled Out On The Floor Of Rebounderz

Comment

Working...
                  X