Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AL-Only 4x4 Keeper League: Olivo $6 or Dirks $4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL-Only 4x4 Keeper League: Olivo $6 or Dirks $4?

AL-Only 4x4 Keeper League with at least 25% inflation...

This is a pretty unexciting dilemma, but my last keeper is slot is down to:

Miguel Olivo, $6
    or
    Andy Dirks, $4

I think both are probably close to fully priced.
    Miguel Olivo $6
    0%
    Andy Dirks $4
    0%

Not an easy answer to this one. A catcher that delivers about 18 hrs on ave. over the last three years is nice. But getting an extra 80-90 abs and droping the ave. to a six year low is not so nice.

Dirks is 26 and seems to be improving. With enough playing time should deliver better ba could approach in hr and steal more bases.

If you are set at catcher or there are some good ones in the auction I might go Dirks. If you are a two catcher league and auction catchers are few I would keep Olivo.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Not an easy answer to this one. A catcher that delivers about 18 hrs on ave. over the last three years is nice. But getting an extra 80-90 abs and droping the ave. to a six year low is not so nice.

Dirks is 26 and seems to be improving. With enough playing time should deliver better ba could approach in hr and steal more bases.

If you are set at catcher or there are some good ones in the auction I might go Dirks. If you are a two catcher league and auction catchers are few I would keep Olivo.
      It is a two catcher league and it seems like catcher goes for more than you would think. He has Carlos Santana as his other catcher. I would go Olivio.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
        It is a two catcher league and it seems like catcher goes for more than you would think. He has Carlos Santana as his other catcher. I would go Olivio.
        I just read that Clete Thomas is out of options. That last spot on the roster would SEEM to go to either Dirks or Thomas. It's possible that for Dirks he doesn't even make the team. Guess I go with Olivo.

Comment

Working...
        X