Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bard back to the pen, according to report.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eldiablo505
    :eyerollsmiley:

I bet about 30 teams wish they were so "desperate" as to give Bard a #5 starter job, lol.
    Based on what? He was awful in the minors as a starter and upon being moved to the pen he has been nothing short of dominant since. I understood toying around with the idea of converting him in February, but under the assumption that if it was not going well they'd adjust and move him back to the pen. It went poorly, so they moved him back to the pen. Or so I thought.

Bard = square peg, as a starter = round hole

Comment

Bobby V's just doing what his new bosses want. He'll move him back to the pen quickly if things don't go well.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I believe I answered this in post #25 but I can boil the response to the "awful in minors" argument down to this: it was five years ago in a small sample; ergo, kinda worthless.
        No matter how you argue it the Sawx are trying to fix one hole by creating another. I think they're more likely to have 2 holes than none from this move in 2 months.

Comment

That's certainly legit. I think the Sox are trying to get the best value out of their staff. Seems like I might be in the minority in that opinion. We shall see.
          I am with you, so you are in dubious company. It makes we wonder how the reverse situation in Texas will play out. Ogando is back in the Pen. Is he the SP in waiting, or that applies to Feldman or someone in AAA?

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Bard has the 3 pitches necessary to be a starter. Command and durability over a full season of starting -- that's the question. I'd drop out at $10

Comment

Per Baseball Reference, no pitcher since 1918 had issued six walks while plunking two batters in less than two innings of work until Bard this afternoon against the Blue Jays.

I have a feeling when Dice-K returns that Bard will see a DL-stint and then return to the bullpen.
              Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

15/27 k/bb since May 2. This plug should have been pulled a long time ago.
                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

By some stroke of luck I sat him for today's debacle. He's cemented there until this gets resolved i.e. back to the pen.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                  Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                  Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                  X