Mariners rotation announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mariners rotation announced

Felix, Vargas, Beavan, Noesi, Millwood. Iwakuma going to the pen per Shannon Drayer

Iwakuma's peripherals have been decent this Spring, so if any of the pitchers get hurt or start off very poorly, I expect him to move into a rotation spot. He and Noesi seem like interesting sleepers in deep leagues, in my opinion.

Comment

Glad they did it today! Free agency in my deep mixed starts tomorrow and I was debating between Slowey and Iwakuma.

Comment

Hmmm. Iwakuma is arguably their 2nd best pitcher. Interesting choices. He's definitely a $1 sleeper for me now.

Comment

I targeted Iwakuma in LABR. This announcement makes him like Rzepzynski was last year

Comment

Here's an interesting read on Iwakuma.... though not necessarily a good thing for his value

Hisashi Iwakuma is apparently having some problems with his arm slot, which makes one wonder about his shoulder.

Iwakuma said he looked at video after the game and saw that his elbow was lower than normal, so he could be dealing with a mechanics issue. He insisted his shoulder was fine, which was something that bothered him for several months last season.

"I don't feel any problem with the shoulder, but for the [radar] gun, I expect more speed," Iwakuma said. "So I need to work on that."

Comment

Working...
            X