Thoughts on this keeper list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on this keeper list

12 team..mixed..5x5...$300 draft day budget.. 1 catcher league other roster pretty much the regular lineup

Thoughts on this keeper list and ideas on how to approach the draft? I've been toying with the idea of going after 2 of Votto, Longoria or Kershaw. If i got 2 of these then I would be top-loaded and not much left to spend on the rest of my roster.

Or should i focus on the middle of the pack players who will produce good but not great numbers and have a more well-rounded team?

Konerko $8
    Tulo $42
    Dee Gordon $1
    Ellsbury $27
    CarGo $11
    Weaver $19
    Axford $6
    Madson $1

Total of $115 kept.

Thanks.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

At that price I'd send Tulo back and use that $ to get another bopper, I'd rather spend big at the corners (I'm assuming one of the top 7 CI's are available). The rest are keepers.

Re auction strategy with Weaver in tow you don't need to pony up for an ace, get a complimentary guy like Bumgarner or Lester and use the $10-15 you saved to get another big bat. Save $ for cheap OF's, C, and arms late, there's not much value in the INF so pay for your starters/

Comment

Originally posted by Porcello View Post
      At that price I'd send Tulo back and use that $ to get another bopper, I'd rather spend big at the corners (I'm assuming one of the top 7 CI's are available). The rest are keepers.

Re auction strategy with Weaver in tow you don't need to pony up for an ace, get a complimentary guy like Bumgarner or Lester and use the $10-15 you saved to get another big bat. Save $ for cheap OF's, C, and arms late, there's not much value in the INF so pay for your starters/
      I don't agree with your 1st point regarding Tulo but I do agree with your 2nd point, so go after Votto and Longoria. How much do you expect they will cost. With 18% inflation in my 12-team mixed league, Votto went for $53 which equals $61 in your league. Longoria was kept at $33. Any other big CIs available? If those are the only two, their prices will likely be driven up even higher so have a plan B ready.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
        I don't agree with your 1st point regarding Tulo but I do agree with your 2nd point, so go after Votto and Longoria. How much do you expect they will cost. With 18% inflation in my 12-team mixed league, Votto went for $53 which equals $61 in your league. Longoria was kept at $33. Any other big CIs available? If those are the only two, their prices will likely be driven up even higher so have a plan B ready.
        Their costs are why I think he should dump Tulo. I like both of those guys more and with Tulo in as well there won't be any $ left to spend.

Comment

Originally posted by Porcello View Post
          Their costs are why I think he should dump Tulo. I like both of those guys more and with Tulo in as well there won't be any $ left to spend.
          Sure there will. In a 12-team mixed I rostered 3 of the first 15 players nominated: Braun 45, Fielder 51, and Upton 42. That's 53% of my budget which would total $159 in mith's league. In 12-team mixed there are plenty of end-gamers that he can pick up for a few bucks.

Oddly enough I also had Konerko, Gordon, and Axford as keepers for about the same relative price (14/18). I ended up with the following $1-2 guys: V Martinez, Duda, Reimold, Mayberry, Lilly, H Alvarez, Paulino, Niese, Niemann, and Thornton.
          Last edited by DMT; 03-20-2012, 11:31 PM.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Comment

I agree with this, spend big on the CI's, then you can grab end game bargains in the OF and at C.

Comment

Thanks guys. I figure $90-100 for Votto and Longoria.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                That should be about right.

Comment

I think $100-110 is more realistic.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

I think $100-110 is more realistic.
                    MagSeven is in the league with me

Comment

MagSeven is in the league with me
                      Maybe I'll price enforce so you get them at $110 for both.

Comment

Originally posted by MagSeven View Post
                        or you get them for $108

Comment

Originally posted by MagSeven View Post
                          Mith doesn't have to worry about me price enforcing on corner infielders in this draft since 4 of my 8 keepers are CI (one is 3b/of).
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Konerko $8 - great
                            Tulo $42 - $6 to $8 over market, not counting inflation
                            Dee Gordon $1 - not really that great in a 12-team mixed
                            Ellsbury $27 - excellent
                            CarGo $11 - far and away your best keeper
                            Weaver $19 - good bargain, but I'm not optimistic about him this year
                            Axford $6 - decent freeze, but closers aren't worth much in a 12-team mixed
                            Madson $1 - similar to Axford, but I would watch his health carefully

Of the possible targets you mentioned, I like Votto and Kershaw the best. I'm not a fan of Longoria this year. I think the days of double digit steals are over, and that he's looking at a rebound in average, but only up to the .260s. That makes him a three category guy when you need four or five category guys.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks Lucky. In this league Tulo at $42 is a bargain. He probably would have went for well over $50, especially since Andrus, Reyes, Castro, As. Cabrera were also kept. Gordon is a flyer maybe i get 50 sb's, maybe 15...but players like him can help win titles if they have a breakout year. Top flight closers go for about $20 in this league. And i'm with you on Weaver, not real sold on him for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X